Car insurance

Hi everyone,

Can anybody recommend a car insurance company in Cyprus?

I get the impression it's really expensive over there compared to the UK, what is everyone's thoughts on this?

Thanks

Depends on what it is and what you want just shop around where are you based ? Road tax varies depending on vehicle cc and emissions   try maybe below 1.6 cc

I had a fully comp quote for a 1500cc Mazda Demeo from Abbeygate. That was 375 euros including breakdown cover. Seemed pretty reasonable. I just need to buy the car now1f615.svg

@themarkymark

Perfect, just what I was looking for, a comparable. I'll start emailing in the morning.

@themarkymark

Do you know what the road tax is for it? Someone told me it's can be expensive out there especially for diesel's

And I've just paid €269 to renew the insurance on my 1000cc Yaris

Road tax for this car also renewed recently - €64 for the year.

My Insignia 2000cc 2011 diesel cost 440 euro for the TAX  this month pro rata I think full year will be about 700 as there is a fixed penalty of 600 euro for the age and emissions. I would warn about electric as the charging stations are just not available. Most houses do seem to have 3 phase but electric is not cheap here and there is no off peak option as far as I have seen :-/ Small vehicle is best here I think and nothing fancy as they drive like mad men and knock your car in car parks without leaving notes. On the bright side all insurance seems to include breakdown and recovery. I have been told they usually arrive in 20mins of the call. Not like the RAC in the UK who left me on my motorcycle in London packed street for 6 hours lol

I bought new 3.5 litre PAJERO road tax (€1200 ish)  1f62d.svg1f62d.svg, replaced with QASHQAI.

I am now on my second Qashqai 1.3L Mild Hybrid. road tax €55 1f600.svg

I am not convinced that E power is the way to go.

I prefer to buy Cyprus originating vehicles. One reason easier to resell and better resell price.

Don't want to tempt fate but lived here 22 years. No accidents or vandalism whatsoever.

Well done you! May it contiue that way lol

On the broker front I have only dealt with AbbeyGate. Their prices were the lowest and I have to say the service has been better than expected. They are always very quick to respond to emails and when i needed insurance for the motor bike all brokers only offered 3rd part F&T. When I asked AbbeyGate if I could get fully comp they spoke with the underwriters and got them to agree this at the same price. i have just completed the import and re-registration of my car which took close to 15 months. I emailed the new reg to them and within 15 mins they sent back the amended insurance cert and docs. Given my experience I would highly recommend them. I think Toon might have recommended them to me when i first arrived.

Ive  been here ten years and used Abbeygate every year ..they are fast courteous and efficient...they will

match or beat any like for like quote we have car, buildings and contents with them too which attracts further discount....

Can't fault them so far

I have used the same company Gan direct for many years and perfectly happy.

I have only used the pickup service when I pumped diesel in error. I do know of others though that have had accident repairs etc and no adverse reports.

https://www.gandirect.com/

Insurance i use A.K Andonioua insurance agent kapparis/Paralimni

Another vote for Abbeygate I have always found them very quick to respond and prices are very reasonable

I tried this one and found it quite straightforward and cheap (<200 eur/year for a 1600cc car)

[link moderated]

@Philotimo

Depends on what you are covering

Value age and engine size exhaust emissions of car, drivers, experience, no claims bonuses, accident records, level of cover & excess..