Cost of Living Cyprus.

I've been given lots of different costs, I understand it can vary, but would I be close with these for a 2 bed bungalow with double glazing and solar water heating...2 adults/2 small kids.

Monthly

Electricity- €100

Water - €20

Lidl Shop - €500

Council Tax - €30

Internet - €20

PAYG Phone x2 €20

Accountant €150

Is there anything else I've missed? Thanks

@ileautomobiles

Driving around, insurances

Vehicle fuel kids school trips and fees entertainment streaming services vehicle servicing/repairs

Would you say the numbers listed are pretty close?

Immigration costs

are you getting permanent residency category  F fast track ? you also need to maintain 50k income for primary and 5k per dependent from abroad.

House repairs

Car installments

Car insurance

Car repairs

Eating out at Restaurants

Buying Clothes

private British schools are very expensive

4k euros per month would be basic budget for a family of four

It all depends on your lifestyle.

There is no council tax but there is a refuse tax and probably some new green taxes coming in June to Dec.

Fuel currently is about 161c for diesel and 157c for petrol

IpTV service van be very cheap... Depends what you want

Electricals are expensive.. cars tend to hold their value ...especially the Japanese hrvs

We stopped shopping at Lidl as became too expensive ..our local Phillipos is better for us

Pool running is an extra if you have one... Cleaning, chemicals etc but local professionals will do your pool for between 80 and 100 per month which should include chems and a twice week service in summer and once a week in winter

Fresh fruit veg is good quality at markets and street traders  and much cheaper than shops

Bring a good mobile unlocked SIM phone with you as primetel offer good service and deals with calls and unlimited data from about €12-15 per month. Local SIM cards PAYG are available in the many kiosks all over the island

As for cars some people bring their own over others choose not to ..  some wish they had some wish they hadnt

If renting and water and elec is to be put in your name you will need to cover the deposits which can be upto 300 each

Inverter air con is a boon for sure... We use ours for heating cooling and dehumidifying too and the costs have not been outrageous despite the ever increasing bills . Bills for elec are issued  bi monthly and water is quarterly

@ileautomobiles

The leccy sounds rather low to me, but depends on exactly what you use... and especially how much you crank the ACs (and even more especially if you don't have insulation).

The water also seems a bit low.

I can't do a shop for 2 for 500 a month, I'm way over that. But we eat extremely well with lots of fresh fruit and veg and good quality EVOO (which is getting pretty pricey these days). But we also spend more on groceries as we don't go out to eat all that much.

I don't see any allowance for eating / drinking out plus any outside/inside entertainment options.

I don't see any allowance for rent/mortgage, if that's zero then well done you!

My internet is a lot more than 20, but perhaps it's time I shopped around instead of taking what CYTA offers. :-)

Accountant? That's not a household bill is it? :-) And if it's a business expense then it totally depends on the biz.

Your overall number looks like it might be 900 ish. As a couple, I'd be shocked if we were getting anywhere close to that. If we were still living in Limassol full-time, I reckon we'd be more in the 1.5k-2k ballpark. But it's a piece of string, innit... depends on your budget, lifestyle, how frugally you can live, how much your kids eat. Fresh air, sunshine, and Mediterranean beaches are free. :-)

Our 2 person groceries bill is about 4-500 per month. Our elec bill varies between 65 -120 month...  Water pretty much steady at 12.. internet is 53 for 80 Mbps but hoping to get 250mbps fibre at about 40 by end of this year.. Rents are always a killer and so so variable depending on availability and standard. Private healthcare is expensive just about everywhere.

Furniture prices I find quite reasonable. Paint is expensive ...

A rough idea can be found here https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Cyprus

An interesting article

How much do you need to earn to live comfortably in Cyprus?

The population of Cyprus has almost doubled in recent years. The main reason is the active relocation of foreign companies and the influx of refugees to the island. As a consequence, prices for renting and buying real estate, as well as basic living expenses, have risen considerably. And not only in popular coastal towns, but also in the capital of Cyprus.

Today Cyprus is one of the most expensive countries to live in Europe.

This is evidenced by a fresh comparative analysis from NUMBEO.

In particular, according to the international platform, rental prices in Cyprus have risen much faster than the corresponding salary level in recent years. But more importantly, the cost of living, wages and rents vary from city to city. For example, Limassol has higher wages and rents than the major cities on the island, Paphos has higher average wages and rents compared to Nicosia, Larnaca has higher rents than Nicosia but lower average wages compared to the capital. Even more interestingly, rents in Limassol, Nicosia and Larnaca are higher than in Athens and Thessaloniki.

Looking in more detail, then:

In Limassol, a family of four needs an average of €3,145.7 per month to live comfortably (excluding rent). Limassol is 9.1% more expensive than Nicosia (excluding rent), and rent in Limassol is on average 126.2% higher than in the Cypriot capital. The average monthly net salary (after taxes) is estimated at €1,801.79 and rental prices are frightening. The rent for a 1-bedroom apartment in the city center can reach 1.5 thousand euros, and for a 3-bedroom apartment (depending on its condition) - 2.5 thousand euros. Compared to Athens, a family would need about €4,792 in Limassol to maintain the same standard of living that they can have on €3,500 in Athens (assuming they rent in both cities). At the same time, rental prices in Limassol are 202.5% higher than in Thessaloniki.

A family of four in Nicosia needs an average of €2,904.5 (excluding rent) to live comfortably. Living in the capital is 8.3% cheaper than Limassol (excluding rent), while rent in Nicosia is on average 55.8% lower than in Limassol. The average monthly salary (after taxes) is estimated at €1,410 in this Cypriot city. For a one-bedroom apartment, the price can go up to 630 euros, and for a three-bedroom apartment - up to 1 180 euros, depending on the neighborhood and the condition of the housing. A family would need about €3,514.4 in Nicosia to maintain the same standard of living that they can have on €3,500 in Athens (assuming they rent in both cities). Rental prices in Nicosia are 7.8% higher than in Athens and 33.7% higher than in Thessaloniki.

In Larnaca, a family of four needs an average of €3,112 per month to live comfortably (excluding rent). Living in Larnaca is 9.5% more expensive than in Nicosia (excluding rent) and rent in Larnaca is on average 35.8% higher than in Nicosia. The average monthly net salary (after taxes) is estimated at €1,377.78, while rent for a one-bedroom apartment can reach €950 and for a three-bedroom apartment €1,240. A family would need around €4,064.5 in Larnaca to maintain the same standard of living that they can have on €3,500 in Athens (assuming they rent an apartment in both cities). Rental prices in Larnaca are 46.4% higher than in Athens.

A family of four in Paphos needs an average of 2,938.2 euros (excluding rent) to live comfortably. Paphos is 2.1% more expensive than Nicosia (excluding rent) and rents in Paphos are on average 33.7% higher than in Nicosia. The average monthly net salary (after taxes) is €1,878.50. The average cost of renting a one-bedroom apartment is estimated at 850 euros, while 3-bedroom apartments can reach 1.6 thousand euros.

In Paralimni, the average monthly salary is estimated at 1.2 thousand euros, the rent for a one-bedroom apartment in the city center is 400 euros, and for an apartment with three bedrooms will have to give about 800 euros.

Source

https://dom.com.cy/en/live/digest/how-m … in-cyprus/

For a better idea of food costs have a look at https://www.alphamega.com.cy/en

Or Lidl cyprus... Or Poplife or Smart or Papantonious..

@ileautomobiles.  Your kids going to school, are you living in a village?, transport, heating or air con, swimming pool, site fees if living on a complex, social, clothes, property repairs and maintenance.   Think you need to put a lot more thought into this

@ileautomobiles

facebook.com/marketplace/item/930878198725051/