Exchanging a Britsh Driving Licence for an Italian one

Hi everyone,

I'm a Brit who has been living in Rome for nearly 4 years.

I have been thinking about Exchanging a British driving Licence for an Italian one, but I want to ask some questions about it.

I know that I have to visit the Motorizzazione, but do I need to book an appointment? Also, I don't have an Italian ID Card, but I do have the Carta di soggiorno.

What will I need to take with me to the Motorizzazione? And how much will I need to pay for the Italian driving licence?

Thank you

Buongiorno!

The first step is to make an appointment at your local motorizzazione civile.

Then compile the following documents:

• TT2112 Form (Attached you will find the blank TT2112 form as well as an example showing how it is to be completed. They also have these at the Ufficio Motorizzazione Civile.)
  • Payment Receipt of a Bollettino PagoPA for the tariff N003 - DIRITTI 10,20 | BOLLI €32 - CONVERSIONE DI PATENTE DI GUIDA ESTERA PAESI NON UE (You can pay these at the post office)
  • Your current original UK Licence
  • A photocopy (front & back) of your current UK Licence
  • Medical certificate dated no earlier than three months prior and issued only by a qualified Italian doctor
  • Photocopy of medical certificate
  • Your permesso/carta di soggiorno
  • A photocopy of your permesso/carta di soggiorno
  • A copy of your codice fiscale certificate

Moderated by Bhavna last week
Reason : Advertising
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Id advise you to take proof of residence - if that means getting a carta d'identita, then do it.   You should have one if you've been there for 4 years,