Menu
Expat.com

Necessary documents American spouse to obtain residency

Last activity 26 May 2024 by bigpearl

mokzeit

What are the necessary documents for an American citizen married to a Filipina to obtain residency in the Philippines?

bigpearl

What are the necessary documents for an American citizen married to a Filipina to obtain residency in the Philippines?

-@mokzeit

Simply a 9a, a 13a an SRRV or SIRV will give you residency, some other visa types also but to become a citizen is a longer road.

Good luck.

Cheers, Steve.

mokzeit

@bigpearl i want just a residence

mokzeit

Are there any other documents needed from my side? "Or just filling out the application ..

mokzeit

@bigpearl thank you

bigpearl

@bigpearl thank you

-@mokzeit

If you are a US passport holder as your bio suggests then simply come and live here, no need for paperwork nor visa applications and simply update your visa extension every 2 months, leave the country, return every 3 years. That is the law we follow, works for me for the last 5 years, many more to come.

Cheers, Steve.

gregparker6201

If you go to your local Bureau of Immigration office they will give you the forms and a list of supporting documents needed.  there is no charge for this

mokzeit

@bigpearl thank you for your answer, yes I am us citizen

mokzeit

@bigpearliI want to live in Puerto Princesa, Palawan. Is there an office for visa extensions in this city?

bigpearl

@bigpearliI want to live in Puerto Princesa, Palawan. Is there an office for visa extensions in this city?

-@mokzeit

Puerto Princesa is a big place and I'm sure there will be a regional office there, google is my best friend. Enjoy Palawan as it's a beautiful island with lots to see and do.

Cheers, Steve.

Articles to help you in your expat project in the Philippines

All of the Philippines's guide articles