Like Move to Thailand April 2026 how to Start

Hello, i am in September 24 in Nakhon si Thammarat for one Week, i search some Contact for help me make the first step by Visa and buy Property for make Business rent to Tourist, or Cafe or Bakery

can some one help me

Thank you very much

Greetings Jan

@janachilles

Hello and welcome !

2026 seems a bit far. Till members guide you, feel free to have a look at the following website to learn more about the different visa categories : https://www.thaievisa.go.th/

All the best

Bhavna

Ok you can't buy property, that's illegal. You can't run a bakery or cafe,  again illegal as a foreigner.

Only way that works long term are being a digital nomad imho.

@janachilles Hello , as a Thai and come from Nakonsri Thammarat myself . I recommend KHANOM as a visiting place . There are nice and peaceful beaches there . As i know it ' s illegal for a foreigner to run a business like that in Thailand but i see so many did that (I don't know how they do) .

By law , a foreigner cannot buy a property or house in Thailand  but It's okay to buy a condo or apartment.

Coffee or bakery is a very competitive business in Thailand but there are many who are successful too.

Hope you enjoy time here . ask me if anything i can help , i will do my best .

@janachilles

Hi...Can i help you,please?

We can talk more detail all what's your plan want to do? Sent more detail to my e-mail address.,I'm happy to help you.

Thank you

Moderated by Cheryl 2 months ago
Reason : Contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello lindalanta,

Feel free to talk directly on the forum. 1f609.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hello, i am in September 24 in Nakhon si Thammarat for one Week, i search some Contact for help me make the first step by Visa and buy Property for make Business rent to Tourist, or Cafe or Bakery
can some one help me
Thank you very much
Greetings Jan

-@janachilles

If you are over 50 of age then you can get first a 3 month NON-IMMIGRANT O visa and after arrival make the necessary steps to extend it to the 1 year Retirement stay permit, even if you are not yet retired.

To buy a single house or villa, it's not illegal, but you need to establish a company in which you are at 49% and a Thai partner at 51% then buy the land and the house on it or build a new one.

All this is to complicate and expensive.

But in the holiday areas like Pattaya, HuaHin, Phuket you can buy a unit in so called Condotels.

(Might not be existing in Nakhorn Sri Tammarat, where is not big tourist destination).

Condotels are a combination between Condominium (we call it Residence) and Hotel (which is different from so called Apartment buildings) the condotel allows to buy and own the unit on your exclusive name and then make an agreement with the Juristic office/Reception to give the unit in use as a tourist guestroom for a certain number of years and to receive a yearly return % calculated on the price you bought that unit.

Of course you keep the right to spend some weeks in it in certain periods that will be stipulated in the agreement.

They will provide to maintain, clean and pay all electric and water expenses and no common area fee will be applied, only a 5% of local tax ahead of the final transfer.

In this way you don't have to worry of any hassle, and can interrupt the agreement at any time and decide to live in it or to resell.

About businesses like Coffeshops or Bakery, is better to come and inspect the country and learn how it is and how different it costs when you are foreigner compared to Thai citizens, don't get into hands of people that want to use your money and open on their names, most probably you will get big headaches.

And thai people can survive with little margins, which are not enough for foreigners.

Good luck...🍀

@amuletlazada2

I'm under the impression I can buy a house, I just need to pay a land lease (90 years).