Menu
Expat.com

Living cost

Last activity 07 July 2024 by 3Josh

gsb488

I will probably do an exchange program for 6 months in netherlands and I have 2 options: living in Breda or living in Sittard. Which of them has the highest living cost? How was your experience living in this cities? It is very important to me.

Cynic

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The Numbeo website has some cost data for both places; this link will take you straight to it.

It does warn you that there is not a lot of data to make the information reliable, but it will give you an idea.

Personally, from what I recall, Breda is much bigger than Sittard. so you would expect to have more choice so more competition keeping prices down, but Sittard is a border town with Germany, so you would have access to both.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

3Josh

Yeah, I don't have much visibility into it personally but it's probably a toss-up. Sittard is smaller, but Breda is practically a commuter town for Rotterdam. I think housing costs for all of the Netherlands are still not great generally.

I'd definitely compare available options on sites like funda.nl and pararius.nl just to get a good idea.

Articles to help you in your expat project in the Netherlands

All of the Netherlands's guide articles