Menu
Expat.com

Health Insurance for Malta residence application

Last activity 13 July 2024 by jonnyD59

jonnyD59

Greetings Malta forum!

My wife (55) and I (65) are both TCNs (Kazakhstan, Uk) moving to Malta from South Africa, having been expats in SA for 20 years. Retired/retreaded.

Malta resident permit application requires comprehensive health insurance to cover the EU.

Health plan provider offerings are like a maze? Multiple level plans, some with limited coverage outside Malta... we both take regular medication, and have had medical annual checks as responsible elder family members should.

So, I would be grateful for any tips, suggested providers and plans you have used to satisfy the resident permit requirement as retired, mature applicants!

Cheers!

Bhavna

@jonnyD59

Hello and welcome !

Till members guide you, feel free to read the following article to gather as much information as possible : Healthcare in Malta

Some insurance companies have also been recommended in the article.

All the best

Bhavna

jonnyD59

@Bhavna Thank you, I will read the article. Appreciate.

Evreham

Laferla Insurance offer a policy specifically for this purpose.

https://www.laferla.com.mt/malta-reside … -insurance

jonnyD59

@Evreham Cheers! You are a star!

Articles to help you in your expat project in Malta

• Resident and work permit for Malta
    Resident and work permit for Malta

Getting a resident card and a work permit in Malta is an essential step for any expat. Living in Malta does ...

• Malta Citizenship by investment
    Malta Citizenship by investment

There are several ways to obtain Maltese citizenship: by having a Maltese parent or grandparents, by getting ...

• Visas for Malta
    Visas for Malta

Before moving to Malta, it is best to be aware of travel conditions and whether or not ...

• Obtaining an e-Residence card in Malta
    Obtaining an e-Residence card in Malta

As you plan your move to Malta, an important consideration is your application for an eResidence card, which is ...

• How to drive in Malta
    How to drive in Malta

Malta is a relatively small island measuring only 27km long and 14,5km wide, so it seems on paper to be very ...

• Finding work in Gozo
    Finding work in Gozo

If you are planning to live in Malta, why not settle and work in Gozo? Although it is quieter than the main island ...

• Accidents and emergencies in Malta
    Accidents and emergencies in Malta

A stay abroad is usually associated with great memories. However, it could happen that an accident or emergency ...

• Finding work in Malta
    Finding work in Malta

Malta is world famous for its postcard-worthy beaches and beautiful landscapes. Indeed, this tiny island nation ...

All of Malta's guide articles