Menu
Expat.com

Working in Oman with a Technician Visa - Actually an engineer

Last activity 17 July 2024 by Asif_Hassan

sanadnazer14

I recently joined a private company in Muscat after completing my degree in India. The company told me that once they get the clearance from Ministry of manpower, they will apply for change and update my visa status to Engineer. Currently it is Technician - Computer.

Because my manager said he joined the company in a similar visa and now he is in an engineering visa. I want to know:

1) Is this possible to transfer from technician to Engineer?

2) Why they dont give the engineer visa right away?

3) What are the factors that the ministry considers before giving a clearance for an engineering visa to a company employee?

Asif_Hassan

Dear @sanadnazer14,

If your Engineering degree certificate is attested by the Oman embassy, you can instantly get an Engineering Visa, applied by your employer, however, the government fee for an engineering visa is higher, and due to Omaization each company has to satisfy that they meet their Omanization targets before applying for such visa.

1) Is this possible to transfer from technician to Engineer? yes, but it's costly & to be provided with all documents. The previous Visa is cancelled & new Visa of an engineer is issued.

2) Why they don't give the engineer visa right away?

Required attestation & company meeting omanization criteria

3) What are the factors that the ministry considers before giving a clearance for an engineering visa to a company employ?

The cleare requirement of engineer, non-availability of similar Omani engineers and meeting Omanization criteria.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Articles to help you in your expat project in Muscat

All of Muscat's guide articles