Seasonal/Temporary Comprehensive Car Insurance

Hi,

I am living in Germany and I need a seasonal/temporary comprehensive car insurance to complement my current insurance.

✓ I have comprehensive car insurance by HUK24 within the geographical borders of Europe and in the non-European areas that fall within the scope of the European Union.

✓ I also have Motor vehicle liability insurance which provides full coverage in both Europe and Asia.

✘ However, there is no comprehensive insurance coverage for the damage to my vehicle in Asia

I`ll be traveling to Türkiye from Germany by car on 01-August and will stay in the Türkiye Asian part in August, September, October. Therefore, I need a seasonal/temporary comprehensive car insurance to complement my existing insurance for that period.

Could you please advice if such insurance exists and is applicable?

Thank you very much in advance for your answer.

Best regards,

Meric Yilmaz

I don't know specifically but best to ask your present provider if they don't offer a supplemenatal policy to cover Turkey. If not, you can ask at ADAC the automobile club. They specialize in such things for people who travel and if they don't offer such insurance directly, they can likely recommend which companies might.

As far as I know, insurance coverage is determined by country, not geographical features within countries.

If Turkey is included, this applies to the European and Asian part. If not, both are excluded.

But the best place to ask about this is the insurer, followed by the ADAC.

Furthermore, there might be specific requirements by the country you visit. Contact the Turkish authorities (or car club) to find out if your (or any other German) insurance fulfills them.