Menu
Expat.com

Can I stay 6 months?

Last activity 24 July 2024 by martinoo2002

Milkfed

Is it possible to stay in Thailand for 6 months and which visa should I get?

Never done that

Tourist Visa give 60 days plus 30 days Extension at immigration office.

Then go to a neighboring country for a new Tourist Visa for 60 days and 30 days Extension at immigration office.

If you over 50 years and meet the requirements for a NoN O single entry that give you 90 days.

Then go to a neighboring country for a new NoN O single entry.

Milkfed

@Never done that

I checked the E visa portal and it doesn't allow to renew online from neighbouring countries. I guess they do this to stop people doing a visa run.  You have to physically go to the consulate in that country. This includes Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Laos, Burma etc.   The closest countries that you can do an E visa application are China and Phillipines.

Never done that

It is not that hard.

If you want to do E Visa, Go where you can do that.

If you want from neighboring country, Go do it your selv in person, Like so many others do.

Both Laos & Vietnam are super easy.

It is up to you where you want to go.

Milkfed

@Never done that

No need to be rude. I'm just asking for advise. I've never been over seas before to live anywhere.   The problem is the amount of time it takes. In Vietnam you can just do a border run and come back same day.  I presume this is not possible in Thailand. I will have to apply at the consulate then wait for god only knows how long. That all costs money.

martinoo2002

@Milkfed

Put aside the handkerchief 1f600.svg1f600.svg

Check out this link, option 1 is what I think you are looking for

https://kpmg.com/th/en/home/insights/20 … e-147.html

Articles to help you in your expat project in Thailand

• Work visa in Thailand
    Work visa in Thailand

To be able to work in Thailand and stay in the country without needing to apply for visa extensions regularly, you ...

• Retiring in Thailand
    Retiring in Thailand

I have lived in Thailand for over a year now, on a variety of visas. This week I applied for and received a ...

• Work Permit Renewal
    Work Permit Renewal

Work Permit renewal must be done prior to the expiration date of the permit term. You could locate this date from ...

• Connecting to the Internet in Thailand
    Connecting to the Internet in Thailand

Having reliable internet is a priority for many foreigners living in Thailand — not just for work reasons if ...

• Getting a landline or mobile phone in Thailand
    Getting a landline or mobile phone in Thailand

Once you touch down in Thailand, you will probably want to get a mobile phone with a local Thai SIM so that you ...

• Dating in Thailand
    Dating in Thailand

Thailand is one of the top destinations in the world when it comes to travel, but not only that. In recent years, ...

• Healthcare for the elderly in Thailand
    Healthcare for the elderly in Thailand

Thailand is one of the world's most popular retirement destinations. There are a number of reasons for that, ...

• Working in Chiang Mai
    Working in Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai's ethnic diversity, breathtaking scenery, and the multitude of festivals and attractions ...

All of Thailand's guide articles