Termite infestation

Hi we are close to purchasing a property in St Lucia and have now discovered the property has a termites.The owner has gone for the cheapest treatment and less effective option which concerns us  .Our lawyer is useless and the property agent obviously just keen to get the sale through and suggesting it isn't an infestation but just precautionary  Any advice as what we should do would be great

john

Don't buy.

If you are not going to back out, see if the roof and ceilings are held up by wood or metal beams.

If wood, see above or take the cost of a total rebuild away from your offer price.

Same for Windows, doors, and anything else made of wood.

Is your furniture made of wood?

My next door neighbour's roof collapsed right onto their bed.

They were on holiday so they didn't get killed.

Thanks.If I pull out it will cost us the best part of £40k so it isn't really an option.I just want the treatment to be done the best it can be rather than the cheapest.Apparently the termites were only noticed on a wooden chair on the wooden veranda in May and the estate agent called in the pest controller he always uses as the owner doesn't live at the property any more.I contracted the pest controller but he just referred me back to the agent.The agent is no stating the treatment is more  a preventive rather than for an infestation .I don't know who to believe.