Issues with previous landlord please advise

I am a healthcare professional, came to qatar 6 years ago, have been living a stable life till the disaster happened

I am writing this message, being very desperate and drained

the rules in the country are very fair, so are the citizens however some of the expats are really playing the role of devils

here is the story, i leased an apartment in the pearl for 1 year and renewed a second time from the owner directly with a legal contract

when i informed them (the owner and her husband) that i am not willing to renew for the third year the whole attitude has changed. and they decided to submit the last cheque before i transfer the rent, the cheque was returned, rent was transferred in the next 30 minutes, and these thirty minutes have changed my life to the worst.

my contract ended, i paid every riyal they asked for, i left since 1 year and half and till now i didnt get my 26 cheques back because i was transferring the rent every month to her bank account and i was not asking for the cheque as i trusted them and i do trust the strength of the law here in qatar

after two months, i requested a cheque book but got rejected and till present then bank is blocking me

i have been living the worst scenarios, moving from hotel to shared accomodation for 18 MONTHS and no one could help

i have begged her to give me back the cheques. on 25th July i decided to complain to the police but in vain, she is not cooperating

if anyone had a similar experience, i hope you can advise me

this is my last trial, i am willing to resign from the job that i dreamt of and go back home

Let me explain you if you signed the legal contract baladiya attestation and tried to break the contract within 12 months then whatever reason they will neglect as this will be one-side. Few landlords  understand the situation and mutually cooperate. If you read the Clause and renew the 2nd year or 3rd contract and  then again the baladiya attestation is involved  , and then you decided to vacate in mid month and break the contract, in this case they are in win situation the reason is simple posted dated Cheque book. If you run around also nothing will happen. The judgement will say kindly mutually compromise the dispute. I have mentioned few times on the blog before looking for rental apartments kindly discuss that we can go with Cash payment so it will be easy for any expat to vacate as there is not contract signed and if the landlord thinks this deal looks perfect and hard to find different tendency then he will say yes, once cheque is involved then we have to run around.

Kindly read the Qatar Rights and Duties of Landlord and Tenant (4-14)

My question to you:

Did you sign the 3rd contract and did baladiya attestation

And how many cheque you gave in the first year sign contract

did you gave 36 or 48 cheque as they mention good offer deal for additional free 1 month free.

in-case if you didn't sign the 3rd year baladiya attestation & contract then simply gave them posted cheque then its a mistake.

Please note: When you do baladiya attestation & contract and decided not to renew it .. As per clause you have to inform the  landlord before the contract ends - for safe side at-least 2months prior with proof by sending email or a formal letter that will be a proof of acknowledge that you already inform but still the landlord  deposit the cheque.

Hello

I did not break the contract, I leased for the first year and renewed for a second year, when the second contract ended I left

that is the first time i know about baladiya attestation.