Menu
Expat.com

I am a farmer and I want to buy land

Last activity 29 August 2024 by bigpearl

Autocrescimento

Hello, can foreigners buy hectares in the Philippines? What would the process be like? Could anyone explain this subject in brief? And are most of the lands fertile?

Cheryl

Hello Autocrescimento,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f600.svg

Do you have a specific area that you would like to buy the land?

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

bigpearl

Hello, can foreigners buy hectares in the Philippines? What would the process be like? Could anyone explain this subject in brief? And are most of the lands fertile?

-@Autocrescimento

Welcome to the forum.

Only Filipino nationals can own land here, Many foreigners are married to a Philippines national and put the property in their wife's name while others like myself have long term leases.

Best to research with my best friend google.

Good luck.

Cheers, Steve.

tphgawn

Basically foreighners cannot buy land or property in their own name. Only philipino nationals and those with dual nationality can own land I'm their own name with one exception,  ex philipino nationals.

bigpearl

Only my very old readings that while a former Filipino gets his/her citizenship back are limited with land size they can purchase and yes an ailing memory but residential 1,000M2 or rural 4,000M2 unless that law was repealed as I read that 10 or more years ago.

Cheers, Steve.

Articles to help you in your expat project in the Philippines

• Accommodation in Manila
    Accommodation in Manila

There are lots of renting options to choose from when relocating to Manila. Most expats in the Philippines live in ...

• Accommodation in Iloilo
    Accommodation in Iloilo

Iloilo, nicknamed the 'Heart of the Philippines', is a province stretching over 4,663 km² in the ...

• Accommodation in Davao
    Accommodation in Davao

Davao is an established metropolitan area with its capital, Davao City, catching up to the main Philippine cities ...

• Accommodation in Cebu
    Accommodation in Cebu

Located in the Visayas region, 750 km from Manila and West of the Negros Island, Cebu is one of the major ...

• Accommodation in Cagayan de Oro
    Accommodation in Cagayan de Oro

Cagayan de Oro (CDO) nicknamed the 'City of Golden Friendship' is a highly urbanized city located in ...

• Buying property in the Philippines
    Buying property in the Philippines

If you, like many foreigners before you, have fallen in love with the Philippines, you might be considering buying ...

• Accommodation in the Philippines
    Accommodation in the Philippines

Relocating to a foreign country means finding accommodation. The Philippines hosts a range of accommodation ...

• Buying property in Manila
    Buying property in Manila

Buying a property is a big and exciting step, but navigating the rules and regulations in a new country can be a ...

All of the Philippines's guide articles