Menu
Expat.com

Online Passport Renewal

Last activity 23 September 2024 by Moon Dog

Moon Dog

Just received my new passport here in the US that I ordered 11 days ago. It was supposed to take "6 to 8 weeks". The info page is now plastic with some raised characters. I will have to have my SRRV transferred to the new passport next time I'm in Manila, shouldn't be a problem.

Lotus Eater

@Moon Dog

Thanks for the update Moon Dog. We are all deliriously happy for you.

Enzyte Bob

Similar but not related.

Back in February I renewed my drivers license (LTO). They were out of plastic so they issued me a paper license.

Several months ago I sent them an email asking if the plastic drivers license was available. I did not receive an answer.

About a month ago Skip Scott messaged me that the plastic license was available. Several days ago my stepson went to the LTO for me.

Again they had no plastic.

I've spent more in Grab fares that the cost of the Doctors exam and renewal fee.

Moon Dog

The online renewal is a beta release with a daily limit and your current passport has to have been issued between 2009 and 2015 to be eligible. You have to be over 25 years of age and currently have a 10 year passport. You keep your old passport but it is canceled as soon as you submit the online application. There is only routine service, no expedited fees accepted online.

I was on the fence thinking I should mail it in and pay the $60 expedited fee in case I have to leave in a hurry but that only shortens the turn around to 2 weeks. The new passport was in my mailbox 1 1/2 weeks after submitting the online application. Most likely not many people using it since it's a new program. It saved me from having to go to the post office and mail my application and old passport and paying for certified mail.

One curious thing, when they sent the new passport the message said they were only sending back my supporting documents, my passport would be sent later. I didn't send any supporting documents, it was the passport. The tracking said it was leaving Little Rock, Arkansas, but the return label says New Orleans?

First time renewing the passport myself, Dresser-Rand and Siemans took care of it in the past and they always paid for the 4 day turn around. I'm impressed by the online system, saves time and money.

Okieboy

Renewed my passport here in the Philippines, no problem went to BDO got a dollar transfer to  US Embassy sent with my old passport by courier, received my new and old passport back in two weeks by courier

Okieboy

@Moon Dog use your old passport if you need to show your visa that is what I do

Moon Dog

@Okieboy That is what I plan to do but if I get the chance I will stop by in Makati and have Mary Rose transfer the SRRV to my new passport.

Articles to help you in your expat project in the Philippines

All of the Philippines's guide articles