Menu
Expat.com

How is Ladyville

Last activity 18 September 2024 by belizelandoffices

belizeboundgirl

Hello,

Looking to travel to Ladyville in November to look at some land... can someone tell me about the area?  Easy to get around, housing, etc.

Thanks

belizelandoffices

@belizeboundgirl Ladyville is home to the airport and like most areas around international airports can have more noise and traffic than areas further out. It would not be my first choice for purchasing land, but the airport makes a good landing place to explore the rest of the country. Car rentals at the airport are easy and are my recommended way to travel the country and get a feel for the different areas. If you prefer public transportation, there are no busses from the airport, but you can get a taxi out to the bus stop. 

Articles to help you in your expat project in Belize

• Using phones in Belize
    Using phones in Belize

Belize has a national telecommunications company, Belize Telemedia, Limited, and several mobile phone companies ...

• Connecting to the internet in Belize
    Connecting to the internet in Belize

Belize enjoys decent internet coverage. Unfortunately it is slow and expensive. The country has many internet ...

• How to drive in Belize
    How to drive in Belize

In Belize, you can drive with an international driver's license, and you can often drive with a license from ...

• Where's the Beef?
    Where's the Beef?

Before visiting Belize to determine if it was a country we could permanently relocate to, we did an awful lot of ...

• Sports in Belize
    Sports in Belize

Sport has always been a part of Belizean life. Although the country does not have a lot in terms of professional ...

• Banking in Belize
    Banking in Belize

Belize was once known to be a real banking haven, a place where banking secrecy was guaranteed. The situation ...

• Childcare and education in Belize
    Childcare and education in Belize

If you are moving to Belize with your family, you likely have questions about child care and education. There are ...

• Customs in Belize
    Customs in Belize

Every country regulates what can and cannot cross its borders to prevent the spread of disease, adhere to local ...

All of Belize's guide articles