Menu
Expat.com

We're currently looking to build a home there any ideas?

Last activity 08 October 2024 by mikixophe

Wcj

I'm Bill moving there to surago area in December. My wife lives there now

So I'm still on learning curve. Last time there was 78 to 82 at Clark AFB.  We're currently looking to build a home there any ideas?

Lotus Eater

@Wcj

Is that Surigao or Siargao WCJ? The distinction is of import as one location requires a water crossing. On the naivety index how would you describe yourself from 1 - 10?

pnwcyclist

@Wcj

Welcome to the forum, Bill.

Not too familiar with Surigao, but I believe we have some members who live in that area. Might try a post with the city in the title.  Be aware that the Philippines has changed a lot in the past 40 years, not least being the population has more than doubled, which affects many things. But that area looks nice and peaceful.

Several of us have built homes - you can search for threads on the main page search window. Or give us more info.. do you already own a lot? How large a home? etc.. things to keep in mind are frequency of typhoons in your area, home orientation to the sun and local weather/views, local specifics (power, water, noise issues, proximity to services, etc.).

Filamretire

Go there first, many changes I'm sure and stay for a couple months. Building a home, well that depends on what you want, where you want, your budget. I suggest Lamudi to look at house styles and values. All are cement, but there are different building methods and all depend upon your budget

Morgacj200424

MY personal opinion is that you should only bulild a home from scratch if you have construction industry experience.  You need to be present 24 /7 to supervise the building procurement of supplies, etc.  A lot of the building supplies in the Philippines are Chinese made and subpar at best. My suggestion is if you do not have that experience and cannot be there around the clock to supervise, you may want to look at buying an existing home. if you buy an existing home, I would suggest doing so from a reliable developer  as you will have less issues with ownership.  If you do buy land or an existing structure from anyone I strongly suggest you hire an attorney who specializes in real estate law.  title issues can be very messy in the Philippines. Some  may disagree with my suggestions here however  I do have experience buying both property and structures here in the Philippines and I am speaking from personal experience 

mikixophe

Go there first, many changes I'm sure and stay for a couple months. Building a home, well that depends on what you want, where you want, your budget. I suggest Lamudi to look at house styles and values. All are cement, but there are different building methods and all depend upon your budget

Lamudi is a estate agent, regional..?
    -@Filamretire
mikixophe

this my question, about Lamudi..

Articles to help you in your expat project in the Philippines

• Accommodation in Manila
    Accommodation in Manila

There are lots of renting options to choose from when relocating to Manila. Most expats in the Philippines live in ...

• Accommodation in Iloilo
    Accommodation in Iloilo

Iloilo, nicknamed the 'Heart of the Philippines', is a province stretching over 4,663 km² in the ...

• Accommodation in Davao
    Accommodation in Davao

Davao is an established metropolitan area with its capital, Davao City, catching up to the main Philippine cities ...

• Accommodation in Cebu
    Accommodation in Cebu

Located in the Visayas region, 750 km from Manila and West of the Negros Island, Cebu is one of the major ...

• Accommodation in Cagayan de Oro
    Accommodation in Cagayan de Oro

Cagayan de Oro (CDO) nicknamed the 'City of Golden Friendship' is a highly urbanized city located in ...

• Buying property in the Philippines
    Buying property in the Philippines

If you, like many foreigners before you, have fallen in love with the Philippines, you might be considering buying ...

• Accommodation in the Philippines
    Accommodation in the Philippines

Relocating to a foreign country means finding accommodation. The Philippines hosts a range of accommodation ...

• Buying property in Manila
    Buying property in Manila

Buying a property is a big and exciting step, but navigating the rules and regulations in a new country can be a ...

All of the Philippines's guide articles