Menu
Expat.com

seeking information about the Philippine maid.

Last activity 24 September 2024 by Aidan in HCMC

Contem talk

Dear Folks,

Do any expat have an experience hiring Philippine house maid for full times? I have some questions which is listed as below

1. Is there an agency that can employ them?
  2. If we hire them full-time, are we responsible for providing visas and handling other immigration matters?
  3. What would be their monthly and hourly rates?
  4. Do you have any recommendations for hiring them individually or through their agency's?

I appreciate all your recommendations and suggestions.

Thank you

OceanBeach92107

Dear Folks,
Do any expat have an experience hiring Philippine house mad for full times? I have some questions which is listed as below

Is there an agency that can employ them?
If we hire them full-time, are we responsible for providing visas and handling other immigration matters?
What would be their monthly and hourly rates?
Do you have any recommendations for hiring them individually or through their agency's?

Thank you

-@Contem tal

Every Philippine MAID I've ever heard of in Vietnam was here working illegally on a tourist visa or a Philippines visa exemption.

That's just my experience.

Keep in mind that NO foreigner can do ANY legal work in Vietnam without government approval.

The government must be convinced that only a foreigner can do a job that can't be filled by a Vietnamese citizen.

It's not very realistic to think that a Vietnamese person can't be found to be a maid.

Good luck!

O.B.

Lennerd

Dear Folks,
Do any expat have an experience hiring Philippine house mad for full times? I have some questions which is listed as below

If we hire them full-time, are we responsible for providing visas and handling other immigration matters?
Do you have any recommendations for hiring them individually or through their agency's?

Thank you

-@Contem talk

Presumably you want to hire a maid, not a mad [person].

Aidan in HCMC

Just wanted to add to member OceanBeach92107 's correct advice.

This may also be of interest to the casual reader of the forum.

As I understand it...

There are no legitimate "foreign maid" agencies in VN, for the reason outlined by OB. It is employment that can be performed by a local.

Yes. If the employee is not currently in VN, you would have to apply for and receive a "Work Visa" (LD visa), permitting the employee to enter through VN customs/immigration at a border crossing.

However, before you can apply for the "Work Visa", you must first obtain from immigration a "Work Permit". The employer (you) must submit an application to immigration, providing the reason why it is necessary for the employer's operation. This is generally due to the employee being considered to hold expert status  in any given field. This would not be applicable to housekeepers/maids/domestic servants.

I'm not sure how difficult (if not impossible) it would be for you as a single foreigner (according to your profile) to register as an employer. It would not be possible to justify the hiring of a non-expert foreigner in any capacity unless there were no locals qualified to do the work.

A Work Permit is granted to a foreigner who has been hired by a local Vietnam employer.

Here is an example of a Work Permit.

work-permit.png

Here is an example of a Vietnam LD visa (Work Visa)

It is available only after the employer procures the Work Permit.

work-visa.png

There are employment regulations available online regarding domestic help. Outlined there are rates of pay, length of work-day, break times, holidays etc.

These regulations apply to local citizen employees. There are no references I'm aware of regarding foreigners as domestic helpers.

N/A. Sorry.

I appreciate all your recommendations and suggestions.Thank you         -@Contem talk

Is there a specific Filipina/Filipino you are wanting to hire?

Are there any reasons why the help must be from the Philippines?

Aidan in HCMC

Corrections to above post:

"If the employee is not currently in VN, they would have to apply..."

and

"However, before they can apply for the "Work Visa..."

Contem talk

@Aidan in HCMC

I appreciate all the information you've provided, and I found it helpful. I understand that immigration matters in Vietnam can be quite complex. By the way, I'm an employer.

Is there a specific Filipina/Filipino you are wanting to hire?

I have been working with several local maids, but communication has been challenging due to their limited vocabulary, a friend of mine provided me with these suggestions, which is why I'm seeking more information on them.

Are there any reasons why the help must be from the Philippines?

I don't have a specific reason, but my family environment is English-speaking. I just want to communicate smoothly. By the way, I'm always open to locals as well.

Aidan in HCMC

@Contem talk

You might try placing a listing in our "Jobs" section, here, indicating the need for English language skills.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Vietnam

• Dating In Vietnam
    Dating In Vietnam

If you're considering moving to Hanoi, or Ho Chi Minh City, the dating scene may be of interest to you. ...

• Making phone calls in Vietnam
    Making phone calls in Vietnam

The telecommunications sector in Vietnam has flourished throughout the past two decades. Like many foreigners, ...

• Moving to Vietnam with your pet
    Moving to Vietnam with your pet

If you are planning to move to Vietnam with a pet, there are a number of formalities that have to be completed ...

• Getting married in Vietnam
    Getting married in Vietnam

Have you met that perfect someone who you want to spend the rest of your life with? Luckily, getting married in ...

• Driving in Vietnam
    Driving in Vietnam

Vietnam is known for four categories of lush and diverse landscapes, and one of the easiest ways to see firsthand ...

• The most popular neighbourhoods in Hanoi
    The most popular neighbourhoods in Hanoi

Formerly known as Thang Long, Vietnam's present capital city was renamed Hanoi in 1831. This enchanting, ...

• Sports activities in Hanoi
    Sports activities in Hanoi

We know there's a lot of attention on the drinking culture in Hanoi, but what about the options for a healthy ...

• Internet in Vietnam
    Internet in Vietnam

Vietnam is currently ranked 39th internationally for internet connection and has an average download speed of ...

All of Vietnam's guide articles