Menu
Expat.com

Work in another EU country with Card F (Belgium)

Last activity 08 October 2024 by photographycecile

kseniiachebotarova

Hi, I have non-EU nationality, and I currently have an F ID card (based on legal cohabitation).

I work for Belgian office of my company. My partner has possibility to work 1 year from another EU country (Italy/France), where I also have offices of my company.

Can I legally work 1 year from any of those, or shall I additionally apply for visa D for this country, and will I lose my Card F then?

Merci!

Freysoltani

I live in Belgium with F Card and I work in the netherlands now for the past 3 years ..

Blinxx

@Freysoltani can you enlighten me on the procedure please. I had a job in the netherlands but could not accept the offer based on the fact that I do not have a dutch SS.

photographycecile

For instance, I am an EU national, in legal cohabitation with a non-EU national, I am working in the Netherlands and my partner has an F-card, we are both living in Belgium but I am working in the Netherlands. My partner follows my rights. As long as I work in the Netherlands, he can obtain a stamp in his passport that allows him to work in the Netherlands without work permit. This stamp has to be renewed yearly at the dutch immigration office.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Belgium

• Working in Antwerp
    Working in Antwerp

Antwerp is famous for its harbor and diamonds. It's located in Flanders, north of Belgium. Conditions apply to ...

• Working in Leuven
    Working in Leuven

Leuven is located within the Flanders region in Belgium. It's a Dutch-speaking city that offers opportunities ...

• Working in Charleroi
    Working in Charleroi

Charleroi is a French-speaking town located in the Walloon region in Belgium. It is an industrial center, which ...

• Finding work in Brussels
    Finding work in Brussels

Home to a diverse array of peoples, cultures, and languages, Brussels is a very multicultural city that is popular ...

• Working in Liège
    Working in Liège

Liège is the economic capital of Wallonia and is a French-speaking city. The area's recently recovered ...

• Working in Namur
    Working in Namur

Namur is the capital city of the province of Wallonia. The city is surrounded by Liege, Brussels, and Charleroi. ...

• Doing an internship in Belgium
    Doing an internship in Belgium

Students usually have to do an internship to validate their academic training. What's the process of doing an ...

• Starting a business in Belgium
    Starting a business in Belgium

Thanks to its geographical location in central Europe, Belgium has become one of the most popular countries to ...

All of Belgium's guide articles