Menu
Expat.com

House Build In Nongkhai

Last activity 12 October 2024 by Markt07

Markt07

Hello all,

I am at the planning stage for a single story house build near Nongkhai. I plan to clear the land (1Rai) fill in to get it up to at least road level and build a boundary wall in the next few months.

The land has never flooded so i am wondering what kind of foundation would be suitable and how this is determined, will i need to pile or just some footings for the columns.

It would be good to hear from anyone who has gone through this process and how they arrived at a decision.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Isaan

• Accommodation in Thailand
    Accommodation in Thailand

If you are about to move to Thailand, one of the first things to look into would be where you will live. Thailand ...

• Buying a property in Thailand
    Buying a property in Thailand

The astounding beaches, smiling people, and gourmet food will make you want to own a property in Thailand. ...

• Working in Chiang Mai
    Working in Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai's ethnic diversity, breathtaking scenery, and the multitude of festivals and attractions ...

• Income tax in Thailand
    Income tax in Thailand

Thailand is not a tax haven. In Thailand, there are two main types of taxpayers — residents and ...

• Working in Pattaya
    Working in Pattaya

Pattaya may not be as idyllic as some of Thailand's other beach destinations. However, it is still one of the ...

• Getting married in Thailand
    Getting married in Thailand

The kingdom of Thailand is a stunningly beautiful wedding destination. Its crystal clear beaches, lush green ...

• Starting a business in Thailand
    Starting a business in Thailand

Thailand is the second-largest economy in Southeast Asia and the 26th-largest economy in the world. It offers many ...

• The healthcare system in Thailand
    The healthcare system in Thailand

Thailand is one of the most visited countries in the world. It is also home to a large number of long-term expats, ...

All of Isaan's guide articles