Process of family Visa when husband gets a job in NZ

Hya,

My husband got a job in wellington, he'll apply for his work visa as soon as the company send the contract and other papers. But what we don't understand is how will the family Visa's be proceed.I have two kids and we want to travel together.

1. First he'll get his work visa and then he can apply for our visa's?

2.Or can he apply for our visa's at the same time also and embassy will figure out?

3. What kind of visa's will family get Visitor or what?

Need help
Thanks

Hi

I am not an immigration consultant - however, I can give you some insight as I have gone through a similar situation 3months ago.

You can either process your husbands visa alone or you can process the families visa together.

However, once you husbands visa is approved (should you choose to 1st get his work visa), he will travel on a work visa, should you wish to travel with him, you will have to travel on a tourist visa.

Either way, once his work visa gets approved, your (family) visa will be issued inline with his.

Hope this helps somewhat...

SA Tiger

Thank u SA Tiger!

We've applied together, now lets see what happens. Actually we plan to travel together.

Hi,

I am filling my wife's “Partner of New Zeland work visa” category and I would like to seek your guidance for the following question,

How will you be financially supported in New Zeland? – The options are
a)    I have sufficient funds to support my stay,
b)    My sponsor is financially supporting my stay,
c)    My supporting person is financially supporting my stay

Kindly note that I have received my Accredited work visa for the period of 30 months and I will be travelling in November to New Zeland. So I strongly believe that my salary in New Zeland will be good enough to support my wife. So do I need to choose Sponsor or a Supporting person in the above (option A doesn't work for us)?

In case If I had to choose option b - One of the questions in the “Sponsorship Form for Temporary Entry (INZ 1025)” states that I must be a New Zeland citizen or residence class visa holder to be eligible to sponsor. Does this mean with the work visa, I cannot sponsor my wife?

In case If I had to choose option c – I need to provide my wife's bank statement details with 6 months history to support the application. So any idea how much balance we should have?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,