Work in Budapest/cost of life

Hello,

i got a job offering from a company based in Budapest called Pannonjob Ltd...does anyone know this Company??

the role is Query analyst and they offer me about 900 euros per month (net)...do you think this is a good offer? i am asking because i dont know the cost of living in Budapest...

of course the problem with this company is that they told me already 3 times that they will call me to discuss the details but they havent yet...

Please give me your thoughts about this...

Thanks...

I think Pannon is the main mobile phone company in Hungary, I see their shops in all of the malls. It Looks like a fairly good offer as a NET salary. Make sure that includes the Hungarian super-gross. Of course, the Hungarian currency is Forint not Euro so make sure the company pay any conversion expenses. I have found Hungarian tax a nightmare so also make sure the company take care of this as part of your package or you will likely need to pay an accountant.... cost of living is good here... electronics and clothes are expensive but I think standard services... and more importantly...BEER... is very cheap :) Good luck

Thank you very much for this valuable info :)

Lets hope they will finally call me this week and take the job...what is actually the super-gross that you mention?

do i need a wokr permit?

good thing that beer is cheap ;)

Chancer wrote:

I think Pannon is the main mobile phone company in Hungary,....

Pannon was the former name of Telenor. I doubt PannonJobs has anything to do with Telenor.

Pannonia was the former name of the region in Roman times and things with "Pannon" in the name are everywhere.

Hungary is in the EU like Greece so you don't need a work permit.

I'd watch out this kind of thing is not a scam where you have to pay out money to get the job. In some countries it's illegal to pay agents to find you work and illegal for them to charge. The employer must pay, not the potential employee.

If it's call centre with money made on commission, I'd steer well clear of it.

I stand corrected :) I've not heard of PannonJobs then.

Super-gross is when you are taxed on 127% of your gross salary. This effectively raises personal tax from 16% up to just over 20%.

thank you both for the info!

@fluffy2560: They offer me a job as a Query Analyst in order to book problematic invoices as they said. I dont know if it is a scam but for sure i have to be careful because they promised me that they will call me 3 times already and they just havent! Anyway, i am planning a trip and i will be in Budapest for 1 day so maybe i will go and check it ouy myself

this is the companys web site....it is very strange that they offer work to international people and their web site is only in hungarian not in English :/

pannonjob.hu

Guys finally they just called me!

Actually, it is an agency that finds jobs for billingual people for Vodafone in Hungary. They said i dont have to pay agency commition as Vodafone pays them. The only problem is they require me to go in person for a 2nd interview there and it might be a third! Who's going to pay the flight tickes??? they do not offer any temporary accomodation or help with the flights...hmmmm :/

vagelis_gr wrote:

Guys finally they just called me!

Actually, it is an agency that finds jobs for billingual people for Vodafone in Hungary. They said i dont have to pay agency commition as Vodafone pays them. The only problem is they require me to go in person for a 2nd interview there and it might be a third! Who's going to pay the flight tickes??? they do not offer any temporary accomodation or help with the flights...hmmmm :/

In the UK, it's not unusual to be paid interview expenses by the company. Question is if you will work for PannonJobs as a temporary worker or directly for Vodafone. In either case, remember PannonJobs is making money for finding you. It can be about 10% or more of yearly salary for permanent job with Vodafone and possibly 100% on top of an hourly rate for temporary personnel.

In the latter case, it's worth also noting the EU Temporary Workers Directive is already or comes into force soon everywhere in the EU, so you have rights to all sorts similar to a permanent employee.

Personally, I think they should pay for you to come over. It's in their interest.