Advise please!!!!

Good evening. I hope u can advise me please. I have an application in for a position at a medical centre in muscat. I have had two interviews so far so looking good for placement. As a woman they have said the post is a single status position but I can bring my family at my own expense. How would the visas work for hubby and two kids. Hubby has done the tefl course and is currently teaching in saudi. He doesn't have a degree. Will he b able to find a job easily. Since the schooling semester has started will it b advisable to homeschool my kids initially then register them for sept 2012. Which schools does most south africans attend. Wha r the prices like and why does one have to pay in advance. Any help wil b greatly appreciated. Thanks

nazzyb wrote:

Good evening. I hope u can advise me please. I have an application in for a position at a medical centre in muscat. I have had two interviews so far so looking good for placement. As a woman they have said the post is a single status position but I can bring my family at my own expense. How would the visas work for hubby and two kids. Hubby has done the tefl course and is currently teaching in saudi. He doesn't have a degree. Will he b able to find a job easily. Since the schooling semester has started will it b advisable to homeschool my kids initially then register them for sept 2012. Which schools does most south africans attend. Wha r the prices like and why does one have to pay in advance. Any help wil b greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hello nazzyb,
Some suggestions for your consideration :
(1) Take up your job first. Come, join duty. Settle down and then try to get your husband and kids over as early as you can manage.
(2) First you can take your husband on 'Visit Visa' which will be valid for 3 months, extendable by 1 more month. The same can be done for your kids as well.
(3) You will need your sponsor's approvals for taking the Visit Visas for your family members.
(4) Once your husband is here, he should quickly manage to find himself a job, preferably offering him 'Family Status', so that he can take the kids under his company's sponsorship.
(5) The likelihood of finding a good job is largely a matter of being in the right place at the right time. Luck does play a big role here as jobs for expatriates are few and far between.
(6) Most Western Expats (assuming that you could be considered as one) send their kids to such schools like the American-British Academy; The British School Muscat; and their ilk. They are all expensive as compared to the Asian schools like the Indian Schools; Sri Lankan School; Pakistani School; etc.
(7) Your place of work, your career level, your package, your status, et al., would largely determine where you would be staying and where your kids would be studying.
You will get first-hand details and all the information you require only if you are physically here.
Best of luck !