Hello from Belluno, Italy-- an hour North of Venice

I am Chelsi, an American expat living and working in Northern Italy. I have been living here for about a year now, and I love it!  Please visit my blog to view my experiences in this past year at bluesuedescarpe.wordpress.com, and tell me what you think!  Any english speakers in my area?  Would love to meet up!

Hello Chelsi!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

Hello from Texas!  (although I am a Tennessee native)

I am a flight attendant for American Airlines, based at DFW and have just started renting a room monthly in an apartment in Piacenza, Italy.   I have always loved the country...my fascination started with a pen-pal match when I was 11!  More about that later..  :-)

I first visited there in 1987 (yes, I think that is the year you stated that you were born!)... and a few times since than and recently decided that life is too short not to do what I have always thought of doing...sooooo...here I go! 

I thought from the name of your blog (the inclusion of blue suede) and that you mentioned you are a Southerner that perhaps you are from Memphis?  Ha!  I am a native Tennessean...my whole family is still there...near Nashville (McMinnville). 
By the way...I could not get the blog to pull up...has anyone else mentioned a problem?

I know VERY little Italian.. so I will be "baptized by fire" so to speak.   I have subscribed to some language podcasts, and am searching for the best language course for me.  I get conflicting reviews on Rosetta and Pimsleur.  My roomie Cristiano speaks some English so that helps, but I do not want to wear him out by having him translate everything.

I am anxious to read your blog...hopefully I will be able to read soon.

I am planning to come back over in January sometime.  My plan is to fly hard for two weeks and the take the other 10-14 days of the month off to spend in Italy.

One day maybe we can get together for lunch!

Have a great weekend!
Sherry

ciao,
Belluno -Mauntains? isnt it? every weekends i am spending nice time in Bassano del Grappa( i think not very far)
kinga

Hello, am planning to move to the province of Belluno (which I know) in 2018. Am seeking the assistance of someone who is sufficiently fluent in Italian to help me in a property auction scheduled for 13 October this year, in Belluno. I speak a very threadbare Italian, not adequate I suspect for the auction. I do not envisage there will be much process; I have to submit a sealed bid, and would be quite surprised if anyone else was interested-! i shall ofcourse pay an adequate compensation. Would be really grateful to be put in touch with someone who might be able to help me. Bezon.