Menu
Expat.com

Woman Universities for Engineering Education

Last activity 09 December 2011 by jaywalker

jaywalker

Hi fellows,

I am planning for a faculty position in Saudi Arabia and would be interested to know the education culture here.

Can you pls mention the universities in Saudi Arabia where female students can enroll into engineering disciplines? Also how these classes are conducted? i) by female professors? or ii) by male professors via video conferencing?

Thanks in advance..

I am particularly interested to know the condition in King Saud, KFUPM and King Abdul Aziz university

axa0910

To cut the discussion short about KFUPM... it is male university ONLY. so yeah... ignore it

jaywalker
axa0910 wrote:

To cut the discussion short about KFUPM... it is male university ONLY. so yeah... ignore it

Thanks. Ok, as a Saudi citizen you know better, so where the female students are studying engineering in Saudi; can you inform pls?

axa0910

The major Universities that teach engineering in Saudi are King Faisal University in Hofuf-Al Hassa, King Saud University in Riyadh, King Abdul Aziz university in Jeddah and Dammam University in Dammam.

There are other universities BUT they usually use contractors to get their instructors. For example, Prince Mohamad University in Khobar(Dammam) is a private good school.

Those

jaywalker
axa0910 wrote:

The major Universities that teach engineering in Saudi are King Faisal University in Hofuf-Al Hassa, King Saud University in Riyadh, King Abdul Aziz university in Jeddah and Dammam University in Dammam.

There are other universities BUT they usually use contractors to get their instructors. For example, Prince Mohamad University in Khobar(Dammam) is a private good school.

Those

U mean in these universities females are studying engineering? My question is only concerned with female students........

axa0910

Yeah... in these universities they offer females engineering programs BUT most of the times don't go for it.

The universities that has high number of female engineering students are Prince Mohammad University, King Abdul Aziz University And King Saud.

Other universities vary with their yearly numbers

jaywalker
axa0910 wrote:

Yeah... in these universities they offer females engineering programs BUT most of the times don't go for it.

The universities that has high number of female engineering students are Prince Mohammad University, King Abdul Aziz University And King Saud.

Other universities vary with their yearly numbers

How these female students are taught or instructed in the class? by male professors in the same classroom or by female professors?

axa0910

It depends on availability. They prefer female professors for female students BUT if they don't have female instructors, they teach through video conferencing

jaywalker
axa0910 wrote:

It depends on availability. They prefer female professors for female students BUT if they don't have female instructors, they teach through video conferencing

Thank you. Have a nice day.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles