Help/ market research

Hello and a happy new year to all on this forum!
Would you guys be kind enough to give me some information regarding beer prices across the islands( professional interest I am a brewer)I have been trying to use the websites of bars etc to gain this info but the few that do have sites do not contain much information regarding prices.
I would be very grateful for prices and size of serving. thanks in anticipation.

if your a brewer they are all very cheap ;)

So i would be happy to buy them off you lol...

Sorry Scubaboy, that one went right over my head! must be my age.

Hi andylad,

are you interested in the prices in the supermarket or the prices paid for by retailers or pubs ?

Cheers
Ricky

Hello ricky.

Any retail prices would be very useful,especially the price to customer in pubs/bars restaurants.
Also, there does not seem to be a brewpub in Malta at the moment,(or have I just not found it?)

Ta.

Hi andylad,

Cisk costs 1.05 €/pint at Scott's supermarket, they also have cheap EU beer for around 0.70 €/pint can  or cheaper. I buy Löwenbräu import at my local dealer for 0.80 €/pint .

At the moment Peppi's on Tower Road offer the same Löwenbräu for 1,50 €/pint - Cisk usually costs around 3 ,€ here in Sliema in a pub or restaurant and up to 5 € in a 5 star hotel bar.

Hope this helps in your research.

Cheers
Ricky

Cash n carry - Orangeboom Dutch beer pint can is 53c per can, Bavaria Dutch beer pint can 51c.

Locals in Mellieha - cans as above usually 1.80euro per pint can although local clubs do Bavaria at 1.40 euro...Efes Turkish lager here 1.50 euros per pint can 
(all are 5pc proof)

Martens Belgian beer at 1.80 too ( 4.6 proof)

Local brew Cisk pint bottles 2.30e draught 2.50e in bars

all half pints usually 1.50 per unit...although Becks Carlsberg and Heineken half bottle s are 1.75e. Bottles of corona are 3e.

Hi toon,

enough reasons for a beer drinker to relocate to Mellieha -)))

Sliema is more expensive than elsewhere!

But I must say that I steer clear of some of the cheaper beers ! They are not compatable with my German-beer trained taste -.)))

But taste is very individual.

Prost
Ricky

ricky wrote:

Hi toon,

enough reasons for a beer drinker to relocate to Mellieha -)))

Sliema is more expensive than elsewhere!

But I must say that I steer clear of some of the cheaper beers ! They are not compatable with my German-beer trained taste -.)))

But taste is very individual.

Prost
Ricky

Hi Ricky - Mellieha isnt the cheapest place for sure.....but I am unfortunate enough to not be able to drink the local Farsons products as all of them give me serious heartburn...whereas the Dutch and Belgian beers dont.....thats not to say i dont like them or german beers but like many others a price has to be paid. I am a bitter drinker by birth LOL (northern boy) but refuse to pay the premium for them..... especially when served in a can....best place i have found and the very best pint i have had in over three years in Malta is Bombardier in The Pub (famous for Ollie Reeds demise)... lovely jubbly.

Thanks for the information chaps,I have found this forum to be very informative and the participants to be willing to share good advice and experience.
ricky,I don't think the local products are brewed according to the Reinheitsgebot!!
Toonarmy,glad to hear you are an ale drinker,but sorry to hear it is so hard to find in Malta.I have an idea that with all the expats who live in Malta plus the visitors,there is a market for good cask ale.weather and airlines permitting in 3 weeks I shall be over and will start to investigate the possibilities.

its not so much the availabilty its the willingness of the bar owners to look after it properly and keep the lines clean...IMHO