I applied in Malta for ordinary residence in November.

Hello!I applied for ordinary residence in November and have not yet received an answer.I am in Malta from September last year and have to go for a few days in Romania next month (March 2012)
My question is if I can leave Malta for several days while waiting for residency, I have to go to Romania, my home country.
If you know an answer to my question please answer me.
Thank you!

I am sure that you can... I travelled back to the UK when waiting for mine...

You can however go there with your passport and see if its done... to be honest I ended up going to the office as nothing seemed to be getting done... they will then send the letter and you then go back and get the residency permit

It just how it worked for me so hopefully you can get it sorted

Julian

Hi Fiby,

welcome to the forum.

Not knowing the exact details of your application ( work permit, self-sufficient , student or ... ) I would advise you to visit the department again and ask if there are any questions.

As Scubaboy said you will receive a letter and be asked to collect your registration certificate when it is ready so being away a few days should not matter.

They do tend to take their time with applications from EU citizens. Many are  already leaving the island again before getting the certificate !

Cheers
Ricky

Hi,

Does anybody know, by chance, if one can apply for an ordinary residency on the grounds of employment, having a temporary job contract (3 months)? Relates to EU nationals. Or having any kind of a temporary employment, where you are not hired directly by the company but by a recruiting agency?

It is still very unclear on the government site.

Thanks for any info,

Irina

Fiby wrote:

Hello!I applied for ordinary residence in November and have not yet received an answer.

If you are an EU citizen you didn't apply, you told them you are living here. Its not like a non-EU citizen applying for a visa. You can come and go as you please.

IrinaC wrote:

Hi,

Does anybody know, by chance, if one can apply for an ordinary residency on the grounds of employment, having a temporary job contract (3 months)? Relates to EU nationals. Or having any kind of a temporary employment, where you are not hired directly by the company but by a recruiting agency?

as above, you aren't applying as such. As long as the job gives you sufficient income to live on, its fine, although they might only issue a residency certificate for the 3 months unless you show other resources to live on.

Thank you all for response.
I go to Valletta to ask, to be sure.
Thanks