Menu
Expat.com

Does Ho Chi Minh City have any kind of "Historical Society" group?

Last activity 25 August 2012 by richard hunter

Norcal_Rick

I know Hanoi has an established group made up of Vietnamese and expats which meets and has various activities.

Is there any such group in Ho Chi Minh City/Saigon?

Mr. Ocean

can you talking to me a bout it detailly?
i'm a leader student group. I very interested what you said.
Nice to meet you!

nhandong

Hi Rick

I wanna open an English Coner in HCM ( like English Corner in Nha Trang of Mr Gary)and "I Love Viet Nam" non-profit group to connect vietnamese and expat to exchang language, keep history, culture....but now i need to find a good location for us first. If you have any ideal, pls help me with many thanks.

Kim Ngan

remawe

Did we ever come to a conclusion if there is a historical society or historical preservation group? I am also interested!

Jaitch

Vietnam History Museum
2 Nguyen Binh Khiem Street
District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
08 829 8146 (old number)

They should know.

hongminh

we should  create that group there. it is interested in everyone care it. smile.png

I would like join smile.png It 's great.

Thanks

Linh

rojamin

Bravo Kim Ngan, I fully support your idea.

I am often told that life in Saigon is rather like in a rush than in Hanoi and there are way more expats, but there hasn't been a good established group or whatever so far for exchanging knowledge? Sounds silly but what is the caucasian society like there? a closed self-contained society like electric wires, always-touch-never-mixed? I meant in the aspect of communication, culture and so on!   

too pity I'm moving there and searched for infos of daily life and lifestyle in Saigon but there's only a few boring formal things. Saigon's activities on the TNH site, opposite to Hanoi, seem to be long dead.

7uup

My name is Bao
Feel free to contact me via email bao.vudinh@gmail.com for history and culture discussion.

Our family origin local with long tradition since 1942, we handle government art project, we build historical monumental, national museum, we bring mythology, folk tales to live art form. such as gold painting 27 meter long in national convention center.

richard hunter

When you make map generation I buy, I want to see to and know very little maybe walk or bike see each stage,I interested too,esp area,pagoda,culture and photo tour. Me want to buy one of those Falcons near pagoda 2/3 Strt,very lucky. Don't want to hunt for my own food, the bird do it for me.I think VN has one of the oldest iron drums, but I not see or play it yet. So much culture, but don't know what to see first.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Ho Chi Minh City

All of Ho Chi Minh City's guide articles