Menu
Expat.com

Cost of living in the cooler areas of Sri Lanka?

Last activity 24 December 2013 by ANTONAK

OneSojourner

Hello All,

After one visit to Sri Lanka, I was struck by what a beautiful, tragic, inspriring country it is and I would like to live there. 

I am interested in living somewhere that is cooler than near the beaches or Colombo.

I liked Kandy, and the lovely Nurwaya Eliya area. 

I am a single woman of a certain age.  I would just need modest accommodations, but with modern plumbing, electricity, and quiet.  Internet access is a necessity, but it could be via local public facilities, although, of course, I would prefer home internet. 

Thank you to those who provided detailed costs in response to another forum question. Can one of you help me out with detailed costs for housing, utilities, food, household help et cetera.

Thank you very much!

(This query has also been posted by me elsewhere).

Harmonie

Hello OneSojourner and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.wink.png

Have you tried to post an advert in the section Housing in Colombo? It may help.

Harmonie.

OneSojourner

Harmonie,

Yes, I have thank you.

OneSojourner

ANTONAK

hii,

how r u ?

ANTONAK

Hi,

are you searching accommodation in nuware eliya ?

Hasnaa

@ ANTONAK: Please note that you posted on an old thread sad.png

chanakarajapaksha

[Moderated: off topic]

chanakarajapaksha

hello,antonak
how.are,u.nice,to.meet.how.yor.travell.srilanka.plan
im.from.srilanka.livi,in.colombo.and.kandy.we.are.travell.and,tourisam,srilanka.u,like,colombo,or,nuwaraeliya.i,can,help.becouse.we,have.office,kandy.near.u.want.help.our.services.contec,me
mc8282@yahoo.com
lankatravell.company
thankyou

ANTONAK

whats ur contact no  pls

Articles to help you in your expat project in Colombo

• About Sri Lanka
    About Sri Lanka

Located in South Asia, Sri Lanka is a Buddhist island, south of India, known for its spectacular beaches, the ...

All of Colombo's guide articles