Menu
Expat.com

i think that i thought of killing myself yesterday !!!

Last activity 22 November 2012 by Arbab

madadel

and yes i did, i swear i was serious, cause some of us treated as dogs by saudi and pigs by the western people , we are not allowed to have nice apartments cause we are single guys hmm.png , we are not allowed to find romance anywhere sad.png AND IM NOT ALLOWED TO LISTEN TO ROCK MUSIC IN MY CAR mad.png !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as for western people , im sorry that some guys back in the days screwed our reputation up to today .. but we are human being and believe it or not we aren't pigs !!!

So what if im muslim and not religious ?? neutral.png so that was my final thought before i stopped the idea and went to sleep

Freshlikesushi

You need more help than a forum can muster

mahdi2011

my friend it's simple you can just leave go back to your country no body holding your hand ...this is the roll of Saudi Arabia .Even if I was in US I will respect the roll there and I won't talk or complain because I make a choses to be there....if you want more money you have to deal with it....

Alliecat

And please don't 'lump' everybody together.  I'm Western and I like Jordanians--I had a wonderful time in your lovely country a few months ago.

Madhi is correct:  if this place is making you so miserable you've thought of taking your own life, please leave.  No amount of money is worth the mental anguish you seem to be going through.

Best of luck smile.png

sandy_storm

I am a westerner and I like Jordanians also!! I was in Jordan two weeks ago and it is beautiful.
I think you may have had a very bad week. Don't despair. Most Ex-Pats you talk to in S.A. have had a hard time here at one time or another.

Cheer up, ring your family and have a moan to them.

Freshlikesushi

excuse my retardedness

but what did jordan do back in the day? and why would it affect me?

TheLegendLeads
sandy_storm wrote:

Cheer up, ring your family and have a moan to them.

This is a GREAT tip in general. The more you stay connected  back home, the better you keep feeling.

TheLegendLeads
Freshlikesushi wrote:

excuse my retardedness

but what did jordan do back in the day? and why would it affect me?

shy.gif It came to my mind as well.... but COME ON @FLS, let it go easy lol.png

Wilson

Think from your mind not from heart, if you think from heart you will be sad and depressed. Go out meet your friends, watch movies on computer or better go for a long walk.

Wilson

Dude no one in life is perfect everyone has got some other problems but still we are facing it with a smile smile.png we have to be strong enough to face its not like ruing our life.

Wilson

i want to tell im strong enough to face the situation in life, because my best friend he did that i never expected from him, he was an MBA in Marketing and lost his job after that he was struggling. This incident happened Feb 2012. So the reason it made me feel to post twice.

Suzie Que

hey madadel

i'm obviously not in ksa but i do read the posts on this forum...reading your msg made me catch my breath. my stunningly beautiful cousin took her life at 19....19...and none of us saw it coming. so please, as some of the others have already said here...please value your life more than the $. leave ksa if you are suffering. or build friendships if you stay even if they're just cyber friends...take vacations but do something to change your headspace.

take care of yourself please.

TheLegendLeads

@Wilson & @Suzie, Very very sad of course.

Suzie Que
TheLegendLeads wrote:

thx tll - i wasn't rebuking you at all...smile.png
it's just that i used to always think only weak folks pulled the plug so didn't think much of it til it happened to someone i love. now, i don't assume anyone's bluffing.

Alstroemeria

It's just sad to read a message like yours. I'm not judging you or anything, but It's silly to want to kill yourself for the reasons you've just mentioned before. just think how fortunate you are just for being healthy and able to work in Saudi Arabia and the salary! what would the many many less fortunate in the world do or say then? If you are miserable just go back to Jordan as you were already told to, I wish I could live there again! And if you really are depressed an want to kill yourself for what you have mentioned, I think it's serious and sad. Go get some help you won't regret it.
Good luck and cheer up!

Wilson

It really shocked me, some people really don't want to face it. Don't run away from the situation face it and if you fail try again and again one day you will succeed

TheLegendLeads wrote:

mahdi2011

dud you have issue try to visit psychology maybe he will help

Alliecat
wilson_derry wrote:

It really shocked me, some people really don't want to face it. Don't run away from the situation face it and if you fail try again and again one day you will succeed

TheLegendLeads wrote:

But here's the thing:  they simply don't have the strength to face it.  They're in too much pain.  We can't rationalize how they're feeling (or should be feeling) from our point of view. 

Suicide is not a 'natural' act; our instinct is self-preservation. When people commit suicide,  they are so bogged down by hopelessness and depression they can't see any other way out.

Wilson

In such case if your depressed and not feeling well better first talk to your friends and near one (family) and inform them your having problem ask them to give you some suggestion, definitely you will get some help

Alliecat wrote:
wilson_derry wrote:

TheLegendLeads wrote:

But here's the thing:  they simply don't have the strength to face it.  They're in too much pain.  We can't rationalize how they're feeling (or should be feeling) from our point of view. 

Suicide is not a 'natural' act; our instinct is self-preservation. When people commit suicide,  they are so bogged down by hopelessness and depression they can't see any other way out.

madadel

thank you every one , i appriacaite your support , i took every advice you told me, and everyone who support me, speacialy suzie and sandy , your replies and advices helped me alot.

I guess what doesn't kill makes you stronger .. am i right folks

Wilson

In simple words - Take the bull by the thorns !! As said by most of the people just keep on fighting and remember great Winston Churchill's comment

" Never Never Never Give UP "

Good Luck

Aminstar2

I don't think Madadel was serious about killing himself. He was just so upset that he had the thought for a second. Few people I met said they were going to kill themselves becasue they were too upset and desperate at the time, but then, and with the help of people around them, they were stronger than even imagining the idea anymore. It's Faith all what it needs.

"I guess what doesn't kill makes you stronger .. am i right folks"
You are right Madadel! Troubles and obstacles should make us stronger so that we can face possible future stronger ones.

gashead
madadel wrote:

I guess what doesn't kill makes you stronger .. am i right folks

No. Polio doesn't.

Wilson
madadel wrote:

and yes i did, i swear i was serious, cause some of us treated as dogs by saudi and pigs by the western people , we are not allowed to have nice apartments cause we are single guys hmm.png , we are not allowed to find romance anywhere sad.png AND IM NOT ALLOWED TO LISTEN TO ROCK MUSIC IN MY CAR  ..

You want to commit suicide because of this?
They don't let you listen to rock ?

rtm369

I enjoyed reading this post and peoples replies. Nice to know there are still so many out there who care about another person who is a complete stranger. (In this world, this is hardly expected)

Every place has its up's & Down's. Does this place suck compared to the freedom in my home country; yes! But then again, its like a 'if life throws lemons at you, make lemonade' kinda situation. So i have managed to find things that makes me happy here.

But once in awhile when i cannot take it anymore, i go to Bahrain or join some friends in compounds for a few drinks tongue.png - After all, we all need to blow off some steam once in awhile.. big_smile.png

Arbab

@rtm369 ... I felt sad when I a read that a person tried to take his own life for what ever the reason may be, and i felt SORRY when I read that you "ENJOYED" reading this post. I guess this guy was talking about people like you in the first place.

And stop bragging about going to Bahrain in each and every post of yours. No one cares if you go to Bahrain or Uganda every day.

rtm369 wrote:

I enjoyed reading this post and peoples replies. Nice to know there are still so many out there who care about another person who is a complete stranger. (In this world, this is hardly expected)

Every place has its up's & Down's. Does this place suck compared to the freedom in my home country; yes! But then again, its like a 'if life throws lemons at you, make lemonade' kinda situation. So i have managed to find things that makes me happy here.

But once in awhile when i cannot take it anymore, i go to Bahrain or join some friends in compounds for a few drinks tongue.png - After all, we all need to blow off some steam once in awhile.. big_smile.png

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles