Menu
Expat.com

Friends in Hanoi

Last activity 16 June 2012 by nhung.scorpio90

Fedo

Hi guys! My name's Federico, I'm 30 years old and I come from Italy. In June I will be in Hanoi so I'd like to make some new friends. I hope to hear you soon.

Aurélie

Hello Fedo and welcome to Expat.com.

It would be great if you could participate on the Hanoi forum. It can help you to enlarge your networking on Expat.com.

Aurélie

xuanlan1109

welcome to HN, Fedo ^^ i'm willing to be ur fr. if u need some help, dont hasitate to contact me wink.png u can c some of my info through my pro5 here wink.png

xuanlan1109

i received an anouncement that u had sent me a private mess, but when i checked my inbox, there was nothing. may be there was sth wrong, so if u want to contact me, plz send the mess again or contact directly at the y!m : xuanlan_cpn@yahoo.com
nice to c u wink.png

annadoan8888

hello,
im anna  a local in ha noi welcome you to ha noi.
  we can friend if you dont mind . i love english chanting share some culture  traveling......
my email:annadoan8888@gmail.com

Friendslink

Hi Federio big_smile.png Welcome to Hanoi!
If you need any help or just need friend to hang out, pls don't hesitate to contact me!

Ann_1989

Hi fedo, welcome to HN. I known that it's very lonely and lost when the first time come to a strange country. So if you need a friend when u come here, please don't hesitate to contact me! I'm 23 and i've just graduated,now i'm working as a law consultant at a law firm in HN.It's my yahoo address: vananh_2032006 @yahoo.com

nnguyen

Hello Fedo & Welcome to Hanoi

You have already received a lot of "welcome" from our local friendly friends. If you are interested in making your stay in Hanoi even more interesting by joining an English Club for Kids (talking to kids or organising social activities with the Club's main teachers), please contact me via email  tnvietnga@yahoo.com . This will not take up lots of your time. You will have more fun while hanging with the locals. We could take you around for sightseeing too.

Thanks.

rojamin

hi Federico, do you want to grab a beer supporting for the Squadra Azzurri with this Tifosi in this Euro season?

Fedo

I'd like it! We csn watch Italy-Spain, ok? >Where we can meet?

rojamin

I'll check some places to watch the game on the newhanoian.xemzi.com and tell ya later. Please check your mailbox, I just sent you my number smile.png

nhung.scorpio90

Warmly welcome to Hanoi, Fedo ^^
Love being friends with you ^^ Hope that you'll have wonderful experiences in Hanoi big_smile.png If you have any problems or wanna know anything abt Vietnam, feel free to contact me tongue.png Or many need someone to hang out and drink Vietnamese iced tea, lemon tea, and gossip tongue.png

rojamin

hi friends, hence I couldnt find the other bars near the Hoan Kiem Lake again, I would suggest to go here

PUKU Cafe
16-18 Tong Duy Tan, Ha Noi

to watch the match, also there's another place running:

tnhvietnam.xemzi.com/en/event/show/5367/date/2012-06-08
tnhvietnam.xemzi.com/en/aska/answers/qid/8140#answer54097

Have fun watching!!!

luuly

Hello.
Nice to meet you.
Have a nice day.

rojamin

The match was awesome, Italia showed a stable defence system like always and in a counter attack we did have the leading goal. And to be fair we should have won the match. But 1 - 1 is also not bad we still have 2 matches left to go. The Euro atmosphere in Puku was excellent, we only need more genuine fan rather than neutral dudes from America or english speaking countries. There were many german at the Germany-Portugal game.

Where have you been Fedo?

Fedo

Sorry rojamin but I didn't make it! I couldn't watch the game but I'm glad that Italy played well. Spain is very strong so the draw is a good score.

Someone want to give me a one day full tour of Hanoi? Thanks.

nhung.scorpio90

If you want to visit museums, Uncle Ho Mausoleum, some parks big_smile.png It's hard for me to find a VNese friend sharing the same habit of visiting such places, so if you want, let me know big_smile.pngsad.png( But because I have to work, the only day I have off is Sunday :-s

Fedo

Thursday is my last day in Hanoi sad.png

nhung.scorpio90

OMG sad.png( What a pity sad.png( I have to work all days but Sunday :-s So, what about Tuesday evening ^^ Wanna hang out to watch Hanoi in night by motorbike? big_smile.png

Fedo
nhung.scorpio90 wrote:

If you want to visit museums, Uncle Ho Mausoleum, some parks big_smile.png It's hard for me to find a VNese friend sharing the same habit of visiting such places, so if you want, let me know big_smile.pngsad.png( But because I have to work, the only day I have off is Sunday :-s

Sure. What time do we meet?

nhung.scorpio90

I'll text you the time via your number tongue.png

luuly
Fedo wrote:

Thursday is my last day in Hanoi sad.png

enjoy your life here before leaving.
have a nice day

rojamin

ohh, thought you would stay in HN longer smile.png
quite a short trip you have there
anyways, have a good time exploring the city!

nhung.scorpio90

He just left Ha Noi for Sa Pa and HCMC tongue.png Will be back soon, I think so big_smile.png

Fedo
nhung.scorpio90 wrote:

He just left Ha Noi for Sa Pa and HCMC tongue.png Will be back soon, I think so big_smile.png

You're right smile.png

nhung.scorpio90

How about the weather in Sa Pa, it's really cool, right? tongue.png I intended to text you a message but I think you're stuck in taking photos of beautiful ethnic girls wink.png

Fedo

I can't go to Sa Pa because the weather wasn't good. Right now I'm in Saigon big_smile.png

nhung.scorpio90

Oh, so due to the heavy rain, you didn't go to the station :-s How about the weather in Sai Gon tongue.png Is it hotter than here as I said, or more comfortable big_smile.png And I'm little curious of the traffic smile.png) Dunno it's as crazy as HN or not smile.png)

Fedo

In Saigon is a little bit colder than in Hanoi and there's less traffic.

nhung.scorpio90

OMG T.T Maybe I need to take a gap year, oh, just a gap month to discover there wink.png

rojamin

how come both of you had my nr. and i've heard nothing from none of you neutral.png

anyways, i'm moving to HCM very soon for job. Hoping the nortorious Saigon won't be that bad. A french girlfriend of mine said there's too much swindle there, she prefered Hanoi. Many told me robberies happen in daylight on the street. Well at least it's cooler there, I can't stand the heat of summer in Hanoi neutral.png  the weather in Frankfurt was definitively way much better!

nhung.scorpio90

How jealous T____________T Both of you come to HCMC, and I still have to suffer from such great heat of HN sad.png(

rojamin

wink.png you might still have a break from work for a year and move to Saigon smile.png you don't live twice therefore GO FOR IT!

nhung.scorpio90

Yep, I gonna take my BA in August, and love to take a gap month for travelling :"X

Articles to help you in your expat project in Hanoi

• Finding a job in Hanoi
    Finding a job in Hanoi

With Vietnam's new visa regulations, you will need to secure a job before entering the country. Opportunities to ...

• Accommodation in Hanoi
    Accommodation in Hanoi

Historic, beautiful, and full of charm. Phrases like this are all synonymous with the wonderful city of Hanoi. As ...

• Working in Hanoi
    Working in Hanoi

The traditional capital of Vietnam is quickly becoming a professional's paradise. Attracting over 20,000 ...

• The most popular neighbourhoods in Hanoi
    The most popular neighbourhoods in Hanoi

Formerly known as Thang Long, Vietnam's present capital city was renamed Hanoi in 1831. This enchanting, ...

• Sports activities in Hanoi
    Sports activities in Hanoi

We know there's a lot of attention on the drinking culture in Hanoi, but what about the options for a healthy ...

• Developing your social circle in Hanoi
    Developing your social circle in Hanoi

Moving to Hanoi can be a challenging venture. After integrating into the culture and trying to understand the ...

• Buying property in Hanoi
    Buying property in Hanoi

With its economy on the rise and a plethora of exciting and innovative projects in the pipeline, Hanoi should be ...

• Student life in Hanoi
    Student life in Hanoi

Enrolling at university is an exciting milestone in any young adult's life. For many prospective students, it ...

All of Hanoi's guide articles