Menu
Expat.com

Last activity 07 June 2012 by Karmaboy

oanh_hh

Hi everyone! On the way looking for new job in Cambodia i found this website and think it's great to start my expat life from here. So, nice to meet everyone!
P/S: If anyone have any question about Vietnam and want to travel there i'm happy to give a little advice.

Karmaboy

Hi, why do you want to work in Cambodia? I thought Vietnam was powering these days with plenty of work.Just a change of scene?? ..That I  can understand.Wish you luck anyway,I love the place and I'm from Aussie...I return back next week and I'm counting the days..Plus it's as cold as a good beer should be...cool.png

oanh_hh

Hi Karmaboy, I have just moved here about 2 months with my bf, and yep, it's a change of scene and life style so far... I love it here  smile.png I'm now looking for som volunteer or NGO works, and actually it's not as easy as I thought! Anyway, i'm still enjoying here smile.png
Hope you have a good trip back to Cambodia!

Karmaboy

google "sols 24/7" and ask for Saya, great woman, great place in PP and great kids there

Karmaboy

- sols247.org/countries/cambodia/

Karmaboy

Catch up for a beer one day  LOL

oanh_hh

Hi Karmaboy,
Thanks a lot for your help. I have tried to look for her contact like email or phone number but couldn't. Do you know any other way to contact her?
I have the Org's email but i did send few emails to other NGOs and they've never replied so I don't think it's good the way to contact through their website.
I'm sorry if i ask for too much and sorry for any inconvenience may caused but hope that you can help smile.png
Meet up sounds great but I can't drink. You know, Asian girls' blood...

Karmaboy

Whats this Asian blood stuff, every Asian girl I have met has always loved a drop..Harden up Princess...LOL
You can contact Saya  on 012767510

This is another mob that will sort you out.
- goabroad.com These want money up front, while Sols do not, Sols will give you accommodation and food.I will go back to Sols when I get back and try to sort something out with my IT Skills.
I'm not too impressed with the NGO's in Cambo, you should see their Administration costs in the balance sheet....HHmmm too high for my liking, It's expensive you know,when you drive Lexus V8's and stay in expensive hotels, with a nice big expense account, slurping imported wine at the FCC in PP...I am starting one up myself anyway,in Kep this year...Non profit making and no fancy cars etc....I'll get off my soap box now....
Long live Cambo...

Karmaboy

Please private message me if you want more info, I dont mind at all helping,its better to try and help in this world if you can. Karma......you know...One day I hope it all comes back my way...most likely as a boot up the rear end roll.png

Articles to help you in your expat project in Cambodia

• Working in Phnom Penh
    Working in Phnom Penh

When it comes to expat living, Phnom Penh has it all. Thanks to an influx of foreign investment over the past ...

• Living in Phnom Penh
    Living in Phnom Penh

Before going to anywhere in the world, people always try to find out about those places first. Likewise, before ...

• Lifestyle in Cambodia
    Lifestyle in Cambodia

If you are about to settle in the Kingdom of Cambodia, you are probably wondering about its inhabitants' ...

• Opening a bank account in Cambodia
    Opening a bank account in Cambodia

As a foreigner living in Cambodia, opening a bank account is relatively straightforward and can save you quite a ...

• Student life in Phnom Penh
    Student life in Phnom Penh

Adjusting to life as a student can be difficult. Even more so if you are trying to do it in a new country, but ...

• Popular neighbourhoods in Phnom Penh
    Popular neighbourhoods in Phnom Penh

As a new expat in Phnom Penh, you are going to need to know the best neighbourhoods to live in for your budget, ...

• Work in Cambodia
    Work in Cambodia

Opportunities are aplenty for foreigners who fall in love with Cambodia after visiting this magical kingdom, or ...

• Phones and Internet in Cambodia
    Phones and Internet in Cambodia

You may be surprised to find that Cambodia is a well-connected hub, so you can easily keep in touch with loved ...

All of Cambodia's guide articles