Offer in hand , need advice

Dear Senior Members,
i have  a offer of SR 17000 inclusive of basic+Acco+Transp
Moreover, medical+to and fro once /yr is free.
Although married but idea is to initially shift to jeddah alone only.
Qualification approx 12 yrs experience in engg.
Life style: Average

My questions:
1. If i move alone, then what will be the monthly expenses?Can i get furnished house? what will be the monthly rent?other expenses etc?Thus in nut shell, net to net what will be the approx. saving.

2. Abt hiring of car, pls. throw some light?

2a) if i move to semi furnished acco. then how much is rqd to purchase home appliances etc?
3.Any advance to pe paid for House?

4. If i move with family(since school session has already started in India) any hurdles and again then what will be expenses and savings?
Want to live simple life in either case.

Thanks in advance....

[Moderated]

:mad: I had never posted in this particular thread.

Thanks.
Can anybody brief me abt the expense break up. with/ without family.
like cost of single acco./food/conv/misc. etc.

Hi, p khanna welcome to Expat.com,

Normally there are no exact answers to questions on expenses as it all depends on lifestyle, but there are hundreds of discussions on similar topic done earlier, on the forum and if you research a bit more you will get your required information.

Then if you still have some specific questions everyone will be glad to help you

slyshooter wrote:

Hi, p khanna welcome to Expat.com,

Normally there are no exact answers to questions on expenses as it all depends on lifestyle, but there are hundreds of discussions on similar topic done earlier, on the forum and if you research a bit more you will get your required information.

Then if you still have some specific questions everyone will be glad to help you

:top:

End of discussion then.

Hi, p Khanna.

1. If i move alone, then what will be the monthly expenses?Can i get furnished house? what will be the monthly rent?other expenses etc?Thus in nut shell, net to net what will be the approx. saving.
Ans:if you want to take accomodation you need to explore expatriates.com
if i move to semi furnished acco. then how much is rqd to purchase home appliances etc?
Ans:you looking for one bedroom 2 bedroom or a single room sharing?
3.Any advance to pe paid for House?
Ans: refer expatriates.com and give me answer for 2nd question i may give you a better idea.

4. If i move with family(since school session has already started in India) any hurdles and again then what will be expenses and savings?
Ans: there are 2 syllabus india(CBSE) other british/american curricullam.
some schools do offer seat for children in CBSE in september also, but your child will miss 1st term as school starts in june and closes in july and reopens in sept. In O(British curricullum) admission closes in june, however some schools do offer seats even in september after school reopens provided seats are available.

hello

this offer isnt fare compared to ur experience, try to negotiate to get more

for his passport it is id say

TheLegendLeads wrote:

[Moderated]

:mad: I Can't belive it !!!  Was ANY of my posts moderated ever? What did I say...does anyone know? :whistle:

TheLegendLeads wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:

[Moderated]

:mad: I Can't belive it !!!  Was ANY of my posts moderated ever? What did I say...does anyone know? :whistle:

:joking:

if with this offer they can give you lunch, car and house it is good to move here :) or come here you will have a three months on probation while u can apply for other jobs if u get much better then this leave this return back home and come back again i did same :) in may...

TheLegendLeads wrote:

[Moderated]

:rolleyes:

TheLegendLeads wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:

[Moderated]

As I recall, you used the 'F' word several times j/k  :lol:

magnetguy1atyahoodotcom wrote:

Do not come even if they offer you the moon. In the short-term you would be satisfied.. but in the long term your whole life would fall apart like a house of cards. It is emotionally extremely taxing.. unless one is extremely poor and @ the survival threshold.. i wouldnt advise u to come.

then why am i here.. well.. i incurred huge losses in India.. and i came here.. to remain afloat.. i.e. to pull myself out of the ditch i landed myself in..  and i am paying a very huge price emotionally.

not worth it.

Good point about emotionally taxing but what you have to bear in mind is that everybody is different with varying thresholds of endurance. 

A year of emotional taxation is worth it for some (many?)people to get ahead financially.

And then some people arent really emotionally taxed when they come here

that is quite i wide generalization there mr i have my email address as my username

Well, your knowledge of world power flags is dismal at best.

I think you need to reevaluate your situation and make it better.  You are in Jeddah. I was there for a year and there is NO reason you should spend a weekend inside. there is Literally too much to do down there

hello every body

im living in Jeddah since 2010 and before that i worked in riyadh for 1.5 yrs for me jedaah is a better place, and i never felt emotionally taxed except home sickness ofcourse, and i think all expats feel the same about that.

Hi
I need your guidance on the offer that i got and the kind of calculations provided to me.

Offer
Basic - 15000 Per Month + 25% Housing Allowance + 500 SAR for mobile + 200 SAR for Fuel

In addition to this i am promised Annual Bonus of 25% Basic+ Ramadan Bonus of 3000 SAR and a suitable car (I dont know what is suitable but indication is that it would be a car with a lease value of 2000 SAR per month).

Ofcourse, all other common benefits like Once a year flight tickets + medical insurance + Kids school allowance of 1000 SAR Per month per kid have been provided.

Expenses - I am told that i would get a decent accomodation for 2500 SAR per month and that i need to spend just about 2500 SAR per month for food and other basic needs.

My current package in India is about 25 Lacs per month.

I need a very frank feedback on this offer - esp in terms of saving potentianl.

My life style is very simple.

Also on the reliablity of facts on accomodation and other expenses as stated above.

Assuming you are getting 25lacs/annum in India, not per month... I feel The offer needs more negotiation !!

dont do it

And I hope you are not going on verbal promises !! :)