Your Favourite Football Player from England Squad - past or present..

Who is your favourite England player(s) of all time? can be past or present.

For me, it has to be Gary Lineker OBE.  Gary was just an amazing footballer. He took England to another dimension when he represented his country on the the football pitch. :D I respect Gary for his sportman ship and the fact he played football how it should be played. There was none of this "play acting" or "diving" and other nonsense you see today. :/ Gary never received a red or yellow card in his football career. Thats how disciplined and professional he was. Gary in my books, is a true football icon and has gone down in history - Well done Gary! :thanks:

J :cool:

Hi...   IŽm absolutly with you...:cheers:

Hmmm Alan Shearer, Paul Gascoigne, Sor Bobby Charlton, Peter Shilton (Never booked either)....

Different players bring different things to the game.

Paul Gascoigne for sure was good on the pitch and his life story off the pitch!! :lol:
I've never known anyone to eat so many kebabs and drink the night before an important match and then play well the following day :lol:

Also when he cried in the world cup 90, after England lost against Germany. :sosad::sosad::sosad: This made him a star on TV!! And i'm sure he has a lot of fans today :D  Go on Gazza!!

:cool:

How About George Best - again this guy was a star!
Shame though, he had a liking for drink which caused problems for him later in life. :( - God bless him. :|

If he were still around today, i'm sure we would be seeing him commentating on the football games now. Another true legend in football history. :happy:

J :cool:

jazzy851 wrote:

How About George Best

Absolutely, up there with the best of them, but I thought we were only picking England players?

My favorite quote of his "I spent 90% of my money on women and drink. The rest I wasted."

He was great as a TV pundit too very funny.

Sorry my mistake, i knew he played for Manchester United  and i just got carried away. You're right, this is on England players.

Old Georgie boy played for Northern Ireland national team.
Sorry got side tracked and engrossed in football - Good player though, dont you think? :)

No worries Jazz, he was one the greatest players ever to grace a football pitch.

Sadly just played for the wrong team :)