Menu
Expat.com

need to know where to go in Canada

Last activity 19 June 2011 by honeyclotte

nabaly

hello everybody,

my name is Murad, i'm from Jordan, i'm planing to move to Canada within next few months so i need someone form Jordan or any other countries to tell me about Canada and where is the best place to live, work as i have a family of wife and two kids, appreciate any respond

Abdel

Hi murad, welcome to canada,

I read every year the wonderful survey about cities in canada and the best places to live in .

here is the link, and let me telle you that Ottawa is my favorite (I am living in wink.png )

http://list.canadianbusiness.com/rankin … d1=a&sc1=6

antokn

I'm from Saudi, i'm planing to move to Canada within six months So I would like to know for the the new PR family, which place better place to live, I have a family with two member.

ChatMom

Toronto is pretty nice, too smile.png

It's a very multi-culture place, you can pretty much go anywhere by taking bus or street bus. Fast and convenience.

Talanathas

Hello smile.png I live in Halifax N.S and have been blessed enough to have made friends with those from the KSA and Jordan. While the city is quaint compared to Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver it is very friendly and scenic.
In the city we have various culture centres, mosques, churches, muslim private schools, (I know there is an established Saudi society and another for Middle East expats) and we are very open to everyone who comes.

Cost of living is lower in Halifax than in other major cities, there are suburban neighborhoods that are great for families, and everything you need (shopping, entertainment, nature) is close by.

I hope you are having great luck finding a new place to live!

Harmonie

Hello and welcome to Expat.com nabaly!

I hope that other members will share their experiences with you!!!

Good luck,
Harmonie.

ITpro

Hi all smile.png

My advice to you:

1) Write down exactly what you want in a city

2) Give us your list and we shall help you with a more accurate answer

Canada is big and there's small and big cities, expensive and cheaper, immigrants friendly ones and not so much ones, cities with large Arab/Muslim communities and ones with little etc.

Do you want to integrate with the Canadian community or you want to stay in an Arab/Muslim community ?

So, make a list and above all be mentally ready to move to a different city if you didn't like the 1st one.

Good luck smile.png

honeyclotte

Toronto in Ontario is the best place to live and of course other  area around Ontario. The city is multi culture , peop;e respects each other regardless of color, race and language you speak. With regards to job opportunities you can easily find one as long as you are ready to challenge yourself that this is a new country, there's a lot of adjustment with life, you know you have to deal with extreme weather during winter time and etc. Goodluck!

Articles to help you in your expat project in Canada

• Leisure activities in Canada
    Leisure activities in Canada

If you've recently relocated to Canada, you might be curious about how to spend your free time. Here's a ...

• Montreal do's and don'ts
    Montreal do's and don'ts

Some French speakers have trouble realizing that they're not at home when they move to Montreal because of the ...

• Student life in Toronto
    Student life in Toronto

Enrolling in a university in Toronto places you right in the heart of one of the world's most dynamic and ...

• French schools in Canada
    French schools in Canada

Canadian French schools have earned a strong reputation. As per the France Canada Culture website, these schools ...

• Driving in Quebec
    Driving in Quebec

Once you've settled in Quebec, you might be considering purchasing or renting a car, but do you have a valid ...

• Leisure activities in Quebec
    Leisure activities in Quebec

Quebec province provides a wide range of recreational activities throughout the year. Whether you're ...

• Moving to Quebec with your pet
    Moving to Quebec with your pet

If you're getting ready for a move to Quebec and have a pet, you might be wondering about the steps to take to ...

• Healthcare in Quebec
    Healthcare in Quebec

How does the healthcare system in Quebec operate? Can you avail yourself of its services when needed? Discover the ...

All of Canada's guide articles