Bank account

My husband will hopefully soon be working for NOC (after alot of hassle with visa and medical).

We have set up a Bank of Scotland International account for his wages being paid into from Libya. They do however charge a withdrawal fee everytime to take money out of ATM.

Does anyone know of a UK account we could setup where I could transfer some wages from BOSI account and use that card to withdraw for free from ATM,s . Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance

Check out the "pre-paid" or "travel money" cards on sites like moneysupermarket.com

The ATM withdrawl charges are usually less than from the banks but there are other T&C's to look out for.

Thanks for quick reply . I will go check that our now and report back findings

LSscotland wrote:

My husband will hopefully soon be working for NOC (after alot of hassle with visa and medical).

We have set up a Bank of Scotland International account for his wages being paid into from Libya. They do however charge a withdrawal fee everytime to take money out of ATM.

Does anyone know of a UK account we could setup where I could transfer some wages from BOSI account and use that card to withdraw for free from ATM,s . Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance

Is that you planning on spending my money that I haven't even earned yet honey ?:P

Info for the Americans who are lurking here only to rear their head to berate people... 

Schwab Invest first checking has no international transaction fees (typically 2% which is also on top of the cash exchange rate where they nail you between 1-3%) and they rebate 8 foreign ATM transactions a month.  No minimum balance required.

Their credit cards also offer no foreign transaction fees and you get 2% cash back (which makes up nicely for the cash exchange rate used).

I believe Fidelity offers something similar, but the terms for Schwab are better.  Most other banks in the US nail you for 3% foreign transaction fees on top of the cash exchange rate.