Owning property in Libya

Is it possible for foreigners to purchase and own properties in Libya? Is it possible to get mortgage financing from banks?

I'm starting a crocodile wrestling club, would you like to join ?

No way you can't purchase or own properties.

I am really surprised  about this if its true Astonished why?

because foreigners are inferior to Libyans...??

lincoln wrote:

Well Lincoln, I am an Expat in Libya even though I was born here ,so you can imagine 20 plus years of living here and I have the same rights as any other expat when he/she arrives here for the first time!

Hope it answers your Q!

Astonished wrote:

I am an Expat in Libya .. I was born here ,so you can imagine 20 plus years of living here

sounds familiar

iffeh...5maj

MoEl wrote:
Astonished wrote:
lincoln wrote:

I am an Expat in Libya even though I was born here ,so you can imagine 20 plus years of living here

sounds familiar

iffeh...5maj

Hey Moel are you from Libya?

This is weird I know Libyans own properties in foreign countries,for reciprocity our countries should invoke also similar rules to Libyans, this may make them change. We pay lots of money in rentals that would have benefited individuals if it was a mortgage repayment.

True that man not only do they have property or houses they have nationalities of other countries as well.

laplace wrote:

This is weird I know Libyans own properties in foreign countries,for reciprocity our countries should invoke also similar rules to Libyans

yah, but Libya is the one with the oil

MoEl wrote:
laplace wrote:

This is weird I know Libyans own properties in foreign countries,for reciprocity our countries should invoke also similar rules to Libyans

Yes they have oil, but they should not abuse this resource its not good if other countries with rare resources behave in the same way, its now a global village.

MoEl wrote:
laplace wrote:

How long is it going to last mate?.....One day you'll have suck up all of it then what?

laplace wrote:
MoEl wrote:
laplace wrote:

Yes they have oil, but they should not abuse this resource

So how else would you recommend they make themselves feel better about their culture of non-achievement and inaction?

MoEl wrote:
laplace wrote:

Hey Mo, you don't seem to be negating this now...may I ask why? Is it because you yourself have another country's nationality?

Haven't you been banned from the forum previously?

MoEl wrote:

Ahh Last time I checked NO!!! Come to the point and answer the question put on your plate boy!

Astonished wrote:
MoEl wrote:

Ahh Last time I checked NO!!! Come to the point and answer the question put on your plate boy!

rot in your 3fn

MoEl wrote:
Astonished wrote:
MoEl wrote:

rot in your 3fn

Sorry didn't get yaa, what does this mean 3fn?

MoEl wrote:

rot in your 3fn

Is that the new model Toyota ?

:)

Mudman wrote:
MoEl wrote:

rot in your 3fn

Is that the new model Toyota ?

:)

Not sure first time I've seen it!!!

Mudman,

OMG, your answer to the property question is hands down the funniest yet:  "I'm starting a crocodile wrestling club, would you like to join ?". 

Bang on accurate answer. 

the only reason I keep surfing in/out of Libya blog even though we're now expats in Calgary (gorgeous here btw) is to read the funnies from you Sandman, Clansman and even MoEl. 

thanks,