Music Heads Wanted

Hey, if there is anyone out there who knows anything about the local music scene, or would like to explore the scene with me, please drop me a line.  I've been around KL for a while now, and I've had the fortune of bumping into a few sets, but this has always pretty much been accidental.  If you don't know anything about the local scene but still want to talk music, I'm always game.   Rock, Jazz, Glitch/IDM, Rockabilly, Post-Punk, Ambient, Sludge, Black Metal, Electronic, Psych-rock, yadda yadda, you get the point.

Look forward to hearing from you,
Ryan

Hey Ryan!

My bf and I both work in the music industry here but only got here about a month ago from the States. We're both heavy into EDM. He loves house music and is a dj/producer. I'm more into bass n glitch hop. But ya, we r prob going to go see 12th Planet next Weds. if you wanna join

Hey, will be moving to KL next week from Scotland. I've been playing gypsy jazz here for a while and will be looking for similar opportunities to jam/gig in KL, any suggestions where to go?

yahonza wrote:

Hey, will be moving to KL next week from Scotland. I've been playing gypsy jazz here for a while and will be looking for similar opportunities to jam/gig in KL, any suggestions where to go?

Well, although it's probably clear that I posted this topic out of some ignorance of the scene, I can say that there seem to be a number of open mics around the area.  The one I know of is at DoppelKafe behind Central Market in Chinatown.  Their website posts the dates I'm pretty sure......

Not sure you'll find too much Gypsy Jazz though!   Hope that helps,

R

cool thanks, will look that one up. Will just be bringing my Tele, sadly my gypsy jazz guitar will have to stay at home :(

Everyone, Anyone....guys drop by Rockefellas ..somewhere near Petaling Jaya. Armada Hotel.  You might like.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. So i have just a little knowledge on music but my kids are into it. we bought many musical instruments from Bentley. Many times when we went there, there would be programmes going on. Maybe you can connect with them.
http://www.bentleymusic.com/bma_events.aspx

Hope this was more helpful than dangerous :-)