Menu
Expat.com

Is Egypt really that bad?

Last activity 20 March 2021 by Medhat71

Adam4449

I live in NYC an I had an accident 6 months ago and till today I can't find a job because I'm not ablle to dot job any more . My cousin was working for one of the biggest compnay in the US he loat his jib 4 years ago and he still can't find a job today. Almost became homeless if it wasn't for us. Not trying to make you feel bad just trying to tell ya that its not that bad.

Best regards

layla1313

really.. i never heard of it. i just know that i dont know any egyptians like that peanut butter and its expensive in spinneys. i always notice pastachio nuts and hazelnuts. maybe theyre just not as popular as in america. i didnt realize theyre common. :-) 

Geely wrote:
layla1313 wrote:

peanuts arent popular in egypt. i never see anything with peanuts.

??? Foul sudani (as peanuts are called in Egypt) ARE popular! A cheaper alternative on cakes, basbousa etc. Also they sell it at the "lib" shop (shop that sells seeds and nuts); you will find it as a kind of bar inlaid in a sugary kind of thick gel, etc.

Achilles_VFX

Adam at least yo had a job once ,, I never did smile.png

Hi_sam3kkad

Archilles listen, unemployment exists in whole universe, the thing is you need to compromise a little bit to achieve your target. meaning that u need to look to ur strengths and play with them at the same time u need to gain new tools to dig ur way out to the sky.
Some times I sound like a mystery but I am gonna give u examples of what I am talking about....... Well, from the way u look I can tell that u have the appearance that any decent retailers needs to play for their marketing meanwhile ur English is good enough which is demanded by all employers I knew and this sound like ur strengths the new tools is whether u focus on ur career by acquiring a Super A certificate needed or acquire a new add on like combining Computer with Accountancy or building a magnificent trading webpage for used items for example.......its a long way but u have to starts and focus. This is what I learned and remember (PPl always respect the person who always trying and if u did not stress on trying for sure u will fail) Egypt is our home our life, The thing is the time we start blaming others is the time where we start hate ourselves unconsciously.
I wish I could do more help and Walahi I wish u all the best.

Adam4449
Achilles_VFX wrote:

Keep praying and stay positive and I hope the doors open very soon inshallah . And I hope it's the job of your dreams too.

Hi_sam3kkad

Adam, and Layla,
U R so positive. I am the one who's gonna pray for u in here. Goash, if it it wasn't Haram  - not right in Islam - I would 've generically copied 80 million of u down here. Bless u

Campos Lopez
Achilles_VFX wrote:

and you think that if you went to europe u will got job? what u will work in europe the same work in egypt you dont want to work..dont tell me there are no jobs in egypt. just lazy ppl say so

Campos Lopez
Adam4449 wrote:

I live in NYC an I had an accident 6 months ago and till today I can't find a job because I'm not ablle to dot job any more . My cousin was working for one of the biggest compnay in the US he loat his jib 4 years ago and he still can't find a job today. Almost became homeless if it wasn't for us. Not trying to make you feel bad just trying to tell ya that its not that bad.

Best regards

European people suffer the same thing..still as i said egyptian who never been abroad think that moving to US or Euro is paradise then they pay to much to go there after they said to them self that they should stay in egypt in the first place..sad but true

Hi_sam3kkad

Do u guys know how it feels when u experience a high voltage electric shock and feels the smoke comes right from ur s pike hair..........Mursi has just approved the appointment of the newly elected Egyptian Church leader!!! Wow, those guys are truly inconsiderate. Despite of uniting our nation dumb thoughts rises to create a new break. speaking about u guys, I guess I am on one of those rooms were 4 positive sides beleives that negative PPL are our only propblem. that does not reflect anything isn't it? Lopez!! sorry again I was surprised.... u were positive too ( Thought u would be on the other side)bless u. For the record I am Muslim with the short hair style and I was hoping that Mursi could change anything.....looks like our Country is gaining new style, Goash I hate politics.

Hi_sam3kkad

For the record I am counting myself one of the 4

Campos Lopez
Hi_sam3kkad wrote:

Do u guys know how it feels when u experience a high voltage electric shock and feels the smoke comes right from ur s pike hair..........Mursi has just approved the appointment of the newly elected Egyptian Church leader!!! Wow, those guys are truly inconsiderate. Despite of uniting our nation dumb thoughts rises to create a new break. speaking about u guys, I guess I am on one of those rooms were 4 positive sides beleives that negative PPL are our only propblem. that does not reflect anything isn't it? Lopez!! sorry again I was surprised.... u were positive too ( Thought u would be on the other side)bless u. For the record I am Muslim with the short hair style and I was hoping that Mursi could change anything.....looks like our Country is gaining new style, Goash I hate politics.

i been suffering the same in egypt..but when i left to europe i suffer more ..if u know what i mean..things are more hard in europe..in egypt when u dont have work you have your family and friends to carry you and make things right for you till you can stand in you feet but in europe or US ..who will help you if you didnt have job or someone give you money for living you will be a homeless or any EU government will send you back home..i been in Russia and Ukraine before and it was good cuz the world was good back then and now im in europe and i see how Egyptian are suffering here..point is not only Egypt is bad economy and politics no no my brother all the world

layla1313

i agree its the whole world these days. even countries almost go bankrupt.

Hi_sam3kkad

No matter how hard it is, we have to know that its meant to be and no matter what we won't be able to change what the mistakes we have done, so it's better to turn it into determination for future and we can use it to save our beloved children saying that I have been there but........ we have all the options in our hand, It is very very damn easy to pick the wrong direction and the hard choice has been always the right path. I am not quiet sure about what I am gonna say (Lack of experience) but I believe that when we think about Europe from far distance we may think of freedom but the fact is that all the forbidden staff I think of this a sin cover. I hope all PPL in here could ask themselves what could make me happy?...... u will see the sad answer is coming nothing. Only the smart PPL knew this answer......... about me my happiness is completely at the top just when I can afford other person's needs and bring real smiles from the bottom of their happiness also when I know that I am in the right direction in name of religion. Any thought about u?

aligirl
Campos Lopez wrote:

but in europe or US ..who will help you if you didnt have job or someone give you money for living you will be a homeless or any EU government will send you back home..

i can assure you that in Europe there's also families and friends to help out. Plus, excluding the south countries, most of the norhern countries still have a social assistance program for locals AND inmigrants, and therefore if you went there legally and worked, you should not become homeless...

oh, and here in egypt, foreigners also need visas and work permits, dont think foreigners can be here forever without a purpose. And for sure here there is no social aid, and for sure not for foreigners- as is the case in Europe.

aligirl
Campos Lopez wrote:
Adam4449 wrote:

Best regards

European people suffer the same thing..still as i said egyptian who never been abroad think that moving to US or Euro is paradise then they pay to much to go there after they said to them self that they should stay in egypt in the first place..sad but true

In the case of my family, the fact that my father emigrated to UK 30 years ago, has financed my huge and mostly poor family for all these decades, alhamdulillah. And he will stay there until he reitres and comes back to Egypt with a family business on the run.

I dont think so many egyptians came back from their emigrations, sometimes it goes bad, but the fact is that a lot never come back and that it is a huge source of income for this country.

Adam4449
aligirl wrote:
Campos Lopez wrote:

but in europe or US ..who will help you if you didnt have job or someone give you money for living you will be a homeless or any EU government will send you back home..

i can assure you that in Europe there's also families and friends to help out. Plus, excluding the south countries, most of the norhern countries still have a social assistance program for locals AND inmigrants, and therefore if you went there legally and worked, you should not become homeless...

oh, and here in egypt, foreigners also need visas and work permits, dont think foreigners can be here forever without a purpose. And for sure here there is no social aid, and for sure not for foreigners- as is the case in Europe.

Money money money, is it all about money? OK , would you like me to send you pics of thousands of homeless in the streets and Subways of the richest countries in the world . With all respect to you and what you wrote, Please don't make it sound like its perfect outside of Egypt. I don't want to talk about racism or many of the other issues we face because you properly know.

Campos Lopez
aligirl wrote:
Campos Lopez wrote:

how egyptian can have family in europe to help them i dont understand ?

Campos Lopez
aligirl wrote:

]I dont think so many egyptians came back from their emigrations, sometimes it goes bad, but the fact is that a lot never come back and that it is a huge source of income for this country.

u have to know that most of egyptian in europe is illegal.they paid to much to go there about 60000 l.e..then they go there and cant find work also cant come back cuz they shame to back after losing money and they have to stay however they dying to back..at past yes egyptian went to euro and come back with big amount of money but not anymore..tell me what foreign paid to come to egypt absolutely nothing..egyptian work in europe in cleaning and thing like that ...what foreign work in egypt is administrator thats the different

Hi_sam3kkad

PPl are PPl everywhere they are the same, Comparison will never achieve its purpose. Just get used to the country u leave in. keep in mind the one Egyptian pound expended in Egypt equal one sterling pound expended in UK.
Remember to thank Allah for the blessing of breathing air.
Haitham

Campos Lopez
Hi_sam3kkad wrote:

PPl are PPl everywhere they are the same,
Haitham

NO

Hi_sam3kkad

?

Hi_sam3kkad

What do u mean by no, listen u did not deal with those type off PPl I used to communicate with here, There is no Haram no feelings and they are only focusing on themselves.

Hi_sam3kkad

[moderated: off topic]

Campos Lopez
Hi_sam3kkad wrote:

For god sake....... what is this strange nickname u have given urself in here.(Zagreb) What is ur name Mr. Croatian guy, atleast make me spell one...heheheh

Mohamed El sayed.. half egyptian half Spanish,, born in egypt and lived there 25 years

Campos Lopez
Hi_sam3kkad wrote:

What do u mean by no, listen u did not deal with those type off PPl I used to communicate with here, There is no Haram no feelings and they are only focusing on themselves.

ppl are different from country to country from city to city from street to street from home to home from brother to his brother..you know what i hate the most ? when ppl speak without knowledge about what they speaking

Hi_sam3kkad

The most bothering PPL to me those who are expecting other to help them ............. remember that the only PPL we choose are those we called them friends and spouse. and if we failed at it then it will be our fault.

aligirl

I mean that nothing there is so great and nothing here is so great. This is my only point.

I know there are egyptians working all around the world legally, and that they dont only clean and build. They also study, go to universities, etc. A lot of whole families emigrated and second generations are born in the chosen country. This is one of the motives why the egyptian administration allows the double nationality with almost any other country in the world, because of the currency that the country needs.

Of course, the illegal emigrant will probably have an illegal life, and for sure they will not be wellcomed, but it doesn't matter if the illegal is chinese or spanish, only that he's illegal. I don't want to even think about the rights of the illegal inmigrants here in Egypt!

I personaly emigrated and came here, so for sure i am not advertising anything, nothing anywhere is perfect, we have to take what suits us best with the means and needs we have.

Hi_sam3kkad

Only when u can afford it:rolleyes:

aligirl
Campos Lopez wrote:

how egyptian can have family in europe to help them i dont understand ?

egyptian goes to europe, marries and has kids there and in the mean time helps the family back in egypt, i dont think it is so weird.

Hi_sam3kkad

we r evil and we a good, evil ppl make no good for good ppl and good ppl always being good even to evil ppl. who is a happy person here the good, the bad or the ugly:(

Julien

Hi_sam3kkad, could you please let other people participate ?

Hi_sam3kkad

Consider me vanished, wish u luck.

Campos Lopez
aligirl wrote:

I mean that nothing there is so great and nothing here is so great. This is my only point.

well all i meant is egyptian dont have to leave their country and go to europe cuz they thinking that europe is better living than egypt if they dont have work or someone to help out there they better stay in egypt.. and since you said nothing is great in egypt and nothing is great there so its the same point wink.png

aafaz

Every country have it's negative and positive things, you have to balance your needs from the place you want to live in and then decide if it's good enough for you or not.

aligirl
Campos Lopez wrote:
aligirl wrote:

well all i meant is egyptian dont have to leave their country and go to europe cuz they thinking that europe is better living than egypt if they dont have work or someone to help out there they better stay in egypt.. and since you said nothing is great in egypt and nothing is great there so its the same point wink.png

u're right, same point wink.png

chocolata
Achilles_VFX wrote:

Actually I think you should RUN AWAY there is nothing left in Egypt but IGNORANCE,RACISM and BU**SH*T ,, the country is literally DYING <><>

SAD to say but i must agree...

Mohamed Atef

Hey,
You shouldn't forget that Egypt is a developing country and nowadays "after the revolution i mean " it is in a transmission  period.
from my point of view, Egypt is that kind of country who is not that easy to live in bearing in mind that being in a vacation is completely different that living in it.

But there is something to love in this country which i can't actually put my hands on

Medhat71

Can you tell us what is your job now

Articles to help you in your expat project in Egypt

• Opening a bank account in Egypt
    Opening a bank account in Egypt

Looking forward to open a bank account in Egypt? Find out how to proceed in this article.

• Leisure in Egypt
    Leisure in Egypt

Wondering what you can do during your leisure time in Egypt? Movies, football, diving, culture and history... Feel ...

• Water Safety in Egypt
    Water Safety in Egypt

The government claims the tap water is safe; however, every recommends that you do NOT drink it. It is best to ...

• Traveling to Egypt with your pet
    Traveling to Egypt with your pet

Can expatriates travel to Egypt with their pets? What are the relating conditions and formalities? Find out in ...

• Transportation in El Rehab City
    Transportation in El Rehab City

Transportation can seem limited when you live out in Rehab City. Here are a few things I figured out.

• Lifestyle in Egypt
    Lifestyle in Egypt

Find, in this article, all that you need to know about the Egyptian lifestyle: traditions, cuisine, festivals, ...

• Driving in Egypt
    Driving in Egypt

Are expatriates allowed to drive in Egypt? What are the relating conditions? Find out in this article.

• Visas for Egypt
    Visas for Egypt

Do you need a visa to travel to Egypt? Which type of visa best suits you? Find out more about relating conditions ...

All of Egypt's guide articles