Menu
Expat.com

new friend Q8

Last activity 21 June 2013 by Poseidon13

lolo_

hey guys

i live in kuwait and i like to make friends with ppl from another country simple as that so we can hang out and show you what we have in kuwait and our cultures

sam976

Hi lolo how r u ...where u r working in kuwait tell me abt u

lolo_

Hey sam976, I don't work I still study

ace117

hi cool.png

skinny.fro

Hey! What are you studying?

lolo_

Hello guys

Well actually I'm the youngest one here I'm 17 so I still study in the school

nadeem139

i want to make friends with other nationalities

nadeem139

hi lolo how r u?

ace117

lol i joined this forum when i was 18.i felt like a kid that time on this forum.

lolo_

Haha that's what I feel right now wink.png

Moo

Hi lolo and Welcome to Expat-blog !

lolo_

Hey Moo, thanks a lot smile.png

ace117

there is a facebook page also,and almost every month there is a meet up held.this forum is updated by him when its arranged.

kamal_john

heey lolo , you are a at secondary school ?? right ?

lolo_

ace117 that's good I didn't know that, kamal_john Yes you are right

skinny.fro

Well, I wish the winters stay on forever!! I hate the summer in Kuwait. ,p

kamal_john

Plz call me John smile.png
Lolo , do your best to get high grades
Whats your wishes to be ?

lolo_

Yeah true the summer here is so hot, John I think I'll study english

kamal_john

Teaching feild you mean ?
Or translator ?

lolo_

really don't know didn't decide yet smile.png

kamal_john

Think about teaching smile.png its better

legacy

dear lolo_

welcome to the forum, sorry we didnt give u a proper welcome, currently out of Kuwait smile.png

enjoy the forum, feel free to ask anything u want (except for someone to do your homework -.-) u are likely to run into some of your teachers right on this forum (if you go to a private language school).

now, given that you are, how shall we put this delicately, "underage", please be careful with the PMs, there are a lot of guys that use this forum for the wrong reasons, if anyone bothers you, feel free to report them via the report button, and one of the admins will set them straight.

have a great night!

lolo_

John I'll think about it, hey legacy Thanks a lot I appreciate it most of the guys here r nice but you never know lol, thanks again smile.png

malcomo2

hi lolo,cool.png

lolo_

Hello smile.png

skinny.fro

Well, there isn't really much to do around, here in Kuwait. I've been here for 20+ years and this place is such a yawn!! at least according to my experience. What about you guys?

lolo_

True we only have malls that's how I enjoy in kuwait sad.png

legacy

anyone who say's kuwait is boring isnt trying hard enough.

u need a hobby - a legitimate hobby, and then you need to find out how to enjoy that hobby more.

for example; i love running. i discovered that a while ago. before that i tried my hand at rugby and got to meet a lot of cool new awesome people and make friends, then it was gaelic football, i got to travel to take part in a tournament in dubai, then i started running, found groups that meet up on different days of the week and go out on others, then i made my own running group.

just today i was walking around near marina beach and came across another group of runners whom i'll be joining for a run on saturday mornings.

in kuwait you make your own fun. if you simply sit and complain that life is boring, and do not actively try to change it, then it will never change.

ace117

thats true.i totally agree with legacy,we need to look in ourselves, even i found many things to do but we need to start doing it before over thinking it.

lolo_

Yes I didn't mean to say it's boring and I agree with you too but I'll be honest with you I don't agree with all the rules here for example we all wanna have a party and some of us wants to drink but it's not allowed to do that although not all of us r Muslims and I don't deny that we have a good things too but for me I'm just trying as much as I can to not be bored I mean we have to see the good view too

Flash0

Hey Lolo welcome to the forum Yes i agree there is ain't a lot of entertainment here:(

lolo_

Thank you Flash,Yeah that's what I'm saying wink.png

ace117

there are things to explore here.i tried looking at the al salem palace at the end of gulfroad,the one which is still standing and we can still see the destruction by the gulfwar 1991.i really love that palace,i dont want anyone to demolish it or make it into a hotel.it should be made into a museum or like a monument.

legacy

so let me get this straight lolo_, you're 17, u still study in school, you complain that kuwait is boring, you are kuwaiti, and one of your points of conflict is about drinking.

in the US the legal drinking age is 21, other countries have it at 18. this is YOUR country and your countrymen decided to keep it alcohol free (technically, we all know that is not the case). people cannot tell you to leave as it is your home, but even if you wanted to you cannot as you are too young to travel on your own, you cant even book a hotel room in Dubai without a guardian.

Kuwait is a Muslim country as you said. if people don't like the laws against drinking, they can go ahead and drink anyway and put themselves as well as others in harms way as there is little responsibility shown even by locals that drink and drive or insult cops etc.

if your main qualm is about drinking then i am sorry to say there is no point wasting any more time on this post as a) you are underage and b) alcohol is illegal in Kuwait.

and any responsible person on forum that tells you otherwise wants to take advantage of you, plain and simple. i told u before and i will say it again, careful what you say here and who you say it to (you need only check the stories posted on Kuwait Exposed to find out more about what goes on in highschool).

id focus more on your studies, then pick any country you wish and live life as free as u want.

i was younger than you are now when i started university (16) and i was done by 20. no offense to drinkers out there but i was never tempted to drink, and not only because i am a Muslim, but because i dont believe that you need to intoxicate yourself to have fun.

please try to disassociate the "highschool life" you see on TV from what actually happens in reality. life isnt "Project X" or American Pie.

lolo_

I don't have anything against my country and I'm not saying it's a boring country and I said about the drinking thingy for an example cuz I love my country too and I know what I'm saying don't understand me wrong it's just my opinion calm downw lol relax

legacy

Find better examples.

ace117

i dont know what people find in drinking,its nothing good sofar i have seen,its only damaging liver.

lolo_

Well I don't care what people think of it it's not my problem I said an example and u guys made me like I killed someone whatever it's not our point anyway

Rabie Annab

Hi , I would like to know you also , from where you are and what are you doing in life ??

lolo_

Thank god someone talked about our point, hey Rabie Annabn, I'm from kuwait I'm studying smile.png

Articles to help you in your expat project in Kuwait

• Leisure activities in Kuwait
    Leisure activities in Kuwait

People might assume there isn't much to do in Kuwait as the country is so small, but that would be wrong! The ...

• Banking and finances in Kuwait
    Banking and finances in Kuwait

Soon after arriving in Kuwait, you will likely want to open a Kuwaiti bank account. Opening a bank account can be ...

• How to drive in Kuwait
    How to drive in Kuwait

If you are planning to move to Kuwait, obtaining a driver's license should be at the top of your to-do list! While ...

• Find the best location to live in Kuwait
    Find the best location to live in Kuwait

It is important for us to live in a community that we feel comfortable and secured. I wrote this article for ...

• Phones and internet in Kuwait
    Phones and internet in Kuwait

Staying in touch with friends and family both inside and outside of Kuwait couldn't be easier with today's ...

• Accommodation in Kuwait
    Accommodation in Kuwait

One of the first things you will need to take care of when moving to Kuwait is your accommodation. If you're ...

• The tax system in Kuwait
    The tax system in Kuwait

One of the most attractive features of working in Kuwait for expats is its tax-free personal income environment. ...

• Finding jobs in Kuwait
    Finding jobs in Kuwait

I would like to give you some tips on how to market your skills to stand out from the crowd. I've ...

All of Kuwait's guide articles