Menu
Expat.com

how do you store your medicine in saudi heat?

Last activity 30 January 2013 by meem0

muslima1

Hello everyone,all medicines should be stored  in cool place  below 30, 25, 17 degrees Celsius. how do you store yours in saudi heat? when I moved here I brought some medicine from backhome and not sure can I still use them,because I just kept them in the room where I used ac only throuhgt the night ? and how about in the future summer is comming ,what do u suggest?

meem0

I haven't had an issue with this but I've seen other people store their meds in the fridge, or in the bathroom in a medicine cabinet or just a shelf or something. I guess they choose bathroom since bathrooms here are tiled all the way to the ceiling so it would be cooler than other rooms.

Maybe ask your doctor for advice?

Alliecat
meem0 wrote:

I haven't had an issue with this but I've seen other people store their meds in the fridge, or in the bathroom in a medicine cabinet or just a shelf or something. I guess they choose bathroom since bathrooms here are tiled all the way to the ceiling so it would be cooler than other rooms.

Maybe ask your doctor for advice?

But it's really WEIRD that people do that--that there are 'medicine cabinets' in the bathrooms--since meds always say 'store in a cool dry place.'  The humidity in a bathroom due to baths/showers is the opposite of dry!

Fallstreak

I'd suggest choosing a room where you'll most likely be having the AC on most of the time, you should be fine as long as the room is cool, whether it's summer or not.

tami tamaris

in the fridge  smile.png allways

meem0
Alliecat wrote:

The humidity in a bathroom due to baths/showers is the opposite of dry!

hmm...never thought of that actually hmm.png Good point

The fridge sounds like the best option then..unless they're medicines you cant store in a normal fridge.

- actually, if they're really important you could buy them temp. control fridges, the special ones they use at doctor clinics

Articles to help you in your expat project in Riyadh

• The health system in Saudi Arabia
    The health system in Saudi Arabia

If you are planning to live and work in Saudi Arabia, healthcare is definitely something to look into. Here is an ...

• Pregnancy in Saudi Arabia
    Pregnancy in Saudi Arabia

While having a child in a foreign country may seem quite overwhelming at first, with the right research and ...

• Emergencies in Saudi Arabia
    Emergencies in Saudi Arabia

As an expat in a new environment, life can be full of surprises. Unfortunately, sometimes, these surprises can be ...

• Health care for Expats in Saudi Arabia
    Health care for Expats in Saudi Arabia

Health insurance is mandatory for expatriates living in Saudi Arabia except domestic workers like maids and ...

• Medical Sectors in KSA
    Medical Sectors in KSA

Saudi Arabia has given recently high priority to the development of health care services at all levels: primary, ...

• Study in Riyadh
    Study in Riyadh

Saudi Arabia may not be one of the most well-known educational destinations. In fact, a lot of Saudi nationals do ...

• Working in Riyadh
    Working in Riyadh

As the capital city of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh is one of the biggest urban communities in the country and is home to ...

• Buying property in Riyadh
    Buying property in Riyadh

Even though Saudi Arabia has experienced significant changes in the past years, the local real estate market ...

All of Riyadh's guide articles