Menu
Expat.com

Best Stockholm neighbourhoods to live?

Last activity 04 March 2013 by o_perastikos

iskyla

Hi everyone!

After living in Gothenburg for the past four years, my sambo and I are relocating to Stockholm. We're going to buy an apartment but we only have a rough idea of "nice" (and affordable, i.e. not Södermalm!) neighbourhoods. I was wondering if anyone here has some advice about which Stockholm neighbourhoods are good to live in (i.e. safe and clean)? What have been your experiences in your neighbourhoods?

Cheers!

Drkary

I moved to Lilla Essingen after living on Södermalm several years and I absolutely LOVE IT!!!  It's in the city yet off on its own and has the feel of a resort.  It has great public transit connections with #1 blue bus, the 49 plus #4 blue bus and 62 just over the bridge at Västerbronplan.  It's a true city neighborhood where you see some of the same people daily so they actually smile, the local stores and cafe owners know you, it's a wonderful oasis in this rather "unfriendly" city.  There's new apartments and old so whatever your taste is you can find it.

o_perastikos

Hej to everybody,
If you can find a place in Östermalm you will not regret it. You are close to the center, everything is at your reach. It is quite useful, when you first come to Stockholm and you may feel lonely.
After you spend some time, and make some friends, you can search outside the city center.
In any case, as long as you are close to T-Bana stations you are also cool. Pendeltåg is not so convenient.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Stockholm

All of Stockholm's guide articles