Menu
Expat.com

Quads

Last activity 23 May 2014 by Bob K

choll40

Is it legal to drive quads or something like a polaris RZR on the streets.

luisasosa_2687

Here you can ride quads, four wheel, by donkey or whatever you want. At least in the tourist area that is normal. I see them every day.
I have used the four wheels to go to the beach.tongue.png

Bob K

I answered your PM.

BobK

DownTownDjBrown

I was just looking for this information!  We were interested in bringing a Quad with us....wasn't sure if we could since it's not "street legal" here in the states.   
We're looking at a RANGER  CREW® 570 EFI with the roof option.

Bob K

Importing vehicles is stupidly expensive and may actually cost more than the worth of the vehicle (well almost).  With your residency (when you apply for it) you can bring in a vehicle tax free (almost tax free)
I imported a 4+ year old Avalanche with out the residency break and the value of the vehicle when I brought in in was about $17,000.  between shipping, taxes here, and the first set of lic. plates ($2000 currently) the cost was nearly $10,000.

So think about buying one here (new or used) as there  tons around.

Bob K

planner

I am not sure the break  with residency would apply to a quad anyway!   You can get them here as well, not sure on pricing.

DownTownDjBrown

Interesting.... we plan to bring our Nissan Murano, since it's 4WD and V6. I've heard that's pretty handy on some of the less developed roads and rainy days.   
Sounds like waiting to get a Quad there may be the best option.
Thank you guys so much!!!

Bob K

You are welcome. 
And Planner may be right in that the quad would not be eligible for tax exoneration with residency which means full tax.

Bob K

Articles to help you in your expat project in Dominican Republic

All of the Dominican Republic's guide articles