Menu
Expat.com

Life in ABHA

Last activity 23 June 2013 by ??? ????

rans11215

Hi all. I am about to ship out to Abha, KSA.

Does anyone in Saudi know anything about the place? I'd like a few opinions to asses my options...

For example, what's accommodation like, transportation and going to Jeddah and Dubai - what's that like?

Thank you in advance.

Randall.

Ehtesham

Hi and Welcome Randall,
I have been to Abha only once and its a small city but a beautiful tourist destination located in Southern region very near to Khammis Mushait, about 700 Kms away from Jeddah (by car).
As compared to other major cities of Kingdom, Abha is much colder and rarely the tempearature rising above 30 degrees.

rans11215

Hello Ehtesham,
Thank you for the information. I have a reliable source there as well. I thought i'd ask more people to hear what a variety of different people say about the place.
Are there lots of opportunities to explore Abha? Is car rental quite expensive?
Where in the Kingdom do you live Ehtesham?
Thank you again.
Randall.

AAKHAN

Hi Randall.

Wish you good saty over there.
Weather these days are wonderful.

Accommodation -Try to book in some furnished Appartment

Transportation  difficult to find taxies.Try to hire rent a car.

So many places for outing

Thank s

Aamar

rans11215

Hey AAKHAN,

Great! I'm looking forward to settling in there then.

I'm flying in from South Korea... doing ESL work.

I have a good friend over there who will help me settle in also and

hope to hear more from him soon. Is car rental expensive?

I may only need it for a very short time.

Cheers.

Randall.

AAKHAN

DEra Friend
Car rental is not expensive
Just 100 to 150 Saudi Riyal per day
Tis will keep you moving everywhere

rans11215

holy sandwiches!! that's nice. i hope it's not a run-down rattle trap... hahaha.

well - i guess just being mobile is a blessing.

thank you AAKHAN. that's really useful information.

fotogurafa_jen

We are getting ready to embark on our own adventure in Khamis Mushait. Have you made it out there yet? Any advice, I know Abha is only like 30 minutes away.

Thanks!

Jen

rainbowprof

Hi Randall

Are you at KKU? I might be going there - in the ESL line as well. How do you like it?

Brett

frazzla

Hi Randall,

I'm very envious of your trip to Abha and I'm sure you will enjoy it!!  I've been there quite a few times and can recommend a few things to do there depending on what you're after.  First off, you'll need to rent a reliable 4x4 as the terrain is mountainous.  In abha I'd recommend staying at the Abha Palace Hotel on Nahran Rd - its expensive but worth it.  You can visit the Shadda Place in Abha wich has been converted to an excellent museum and if you're feeling adventurous a trip to Rijal Al-Ma'a Village is definitely worth the trip.  Check the link below and map for directions how to get there.  I really hope you will enjoy our hospitality and culture and come back to visit again soon.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/48652671

Cheers,
Fraz

??? ????

Does anyone know what type of sports are availabe in Abha. Martial arts, basketball, swimming...ect

PS....aaaany boxing, karate, tae kwon do..ect

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

• Accommodation in Saudi Arabia
    Accommodation in Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia's real estate sector boom in the past several years can be primarily attributed to the millions ...

• Accommodation in Dammam
    Accommodation in Dammam

Dammam is the capital city of the Eastern Province, which is made up of smaller cities that, together, form the ...

• Accommodation in Yanbu
    Accommodation in Yanbu

Overlooking the Red Sea, Yanbu is deemed to be Saudi Arabia's second industrial city after Jubail, which is ...

• Accommodation in Khobar
    Accommodation in Khobar

Khobar is the metropolitan city of the Eastern Province. It is widely recognized as the happy medium between ...

• Accommodation in Jeddah
    Accommodation in Jeddah

Jeddah is often dubbed the 'New York' of Saudi Arabia. It is heavily populated, hosting the most diverse ...

• Accommodation in Jubail
    Accommodation in Jubail

Jubail is Saudi Arabia's industrial hub; in fact, it's the largest industrial city in the Middle East. ...

• The Do's and Don'ts of  Renting in the Kingdom
    The Do's and Don'ts of Renting in the Kingdom

In most cases when one has accepted a job in the Kingdom housing will be part of the package and usually both ...

• Accommodation in Riyadh
    Accommodation in Riyadh

Riyadh is the capital of Saudi Arabia, comprising millions of expats who have come to work. The city is the ...

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles