MEDICAL AND MEDICINE

Hi
I've just been offered a job in Jeddah.
I have 2 questions: First, what does the medical examination for the visa entail and second, I take several medicines on a daily basis. Most are schedule 3 drugs (for blood pressure etc.) One is a sleep ing tablet (schedule 5). Will I have problems bringing them into the country and will I be able to get them in Saudi when mine are finished.
I'd really appreciate advice.
Thanks

Hello gra1.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

gra1 wrote:

Hi
I've just been offered a job in Jeddah.
I have 2 questions: First, what does the medical examination for the visa entail and second, I take several medicines on a daily basis. Most are schedule 3 drugs (for blood pressure etc.) One is a sleep ing tablet (schedule 5). Will I have problems bringing them into the country and will I be able to get them in Saudi when mine are finished.
I'd really appreciate advice.
Thanks

Medical examination for visa purposes usually include, BP, X-RAY, blood and urine tests checking for Hepatitis, HIV etc. High BP can result in failure.

If your current medication is prescribed to you by a physician, you could get the same here, except may be some times for similar brands or availability of certain type of medicine.

If you like, tell me the names of the medicines you are taking and I will look it up for you. I have the Saudi Drugs Master ( Index Pharmacological ).

I have been having the same thoughts as I am on a daily inhaler for asthma. I was told to bring in my current prescriptions on me and have a copy of the actual prescription from the doctor foe each one.

Hi Everyone
Thank you so much for your advice and information. I think I'll have to take a double dose of BP medication and hope!
Special thanks to Aure'lie for the welcome and to HRGURU, ahmadaq and stressedmom. I'll certainly take your advice!
Ahmadaq, I hope the list doesn't shock you too much! It's Lamectin, Puricos, Co-Tareg 80 and Nexium.
I'm also hoping they don't ask for a medical history or X-ray you below the waist?
If they do, I don't think I'll be joining you!

Hi,

Nexium is available here in 20 & 40 others are available under different commercial names so you can double check with your doctor;

Lamectin is available as Lamictal 25,50 and 100 by GSK
Puricos as No-Uric 100 and 300 by EIPICO (Egyptian Manufacturer)
Co-Tareg 80 as Co Diovan 80/ 12.5 by Novartis

All the best