Menu
Expat.com

go swimming

Last activity 12 February 2014 by Cinqsens

kientrung.tran

HCm city is hot these days. So i want to find someone to go swimming with me at Rach Mieu pool (1 Hoa Phuong, D.Phu Nhuan) or Nguyen Tri Phuong Pool (8A, D10). Are you interested in?

deddyp

I wonder, where is nice swimming pool in town, which have depth 2 meter, is it in Rach Mieu has?

Guest2023

Ky Hoa on 3 thang 2 D10 has a decent pool.

kientrung.tran

maybe in D.7. I have not swum there yet

mama hao

Any place in Binh Thanh or D1?

kientrung.tran

I think Rach Mieu Pool is not far from Binh Thanh District. And i have not heard about the pool around D1, except some pools inside the hotels

Guest2023

There is a pool on Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, behind the sports club. The best pool is in Van Thanh park on Dien Bien Phu street before the Saigon Bridge. Its a resort style pool in lovely gardens and is very,very clean, look it up on Goggle maps

kientrung.tran

the more money you pay, the more beautiful the pool is. hihi

Yuli_nguyen

Swimming pool In Văn Thánh, Bình Thạnh Dict is a nice one.

Guest2023

I wouldnt call it expensive, but it depends what you call expensive

kientrung.tran

with me, the normal price is about 15000 VND. hihi.

Guest2023

Well Im not evern going to say what I think about your price.

mama hao

Still have 15000 place?

kientrung.tran

yes, it is. 15000 VND/ticket

Guest2023

That would be for just an hour,yes.

kientrung.tran

If you come in the morning, you can swim the whole time with a ticket. for the afternoon, you just have an hour to swim.

Guest2023

Thats what I thought, so the other pools I said dont do that, much better value then 15000 for an hour

kientrung.tran

But i like going swimming in the morning. So i don't care about the time

kana812

I go swimming almost every afternoon at 1pm at Dai The Gioi swimming pool. Tell me if anyone wants to join big_smile.png

Guest2023

Might help if you actually said where it is, not just the name of the pool.

kana812

Dai The Gioi Waterpark
1106 Võ Văn Kiệt, Ward 6, D5 , HCMC
A nice indoor swimming pool near Nguyen Tri Phuong bridge, free sauna included:D

deddyp

Is it many people on weekdays? How much for the ticket?

Guest2023

The bathrooms there are not clean and the pool is very dark due to having a roof over the top. But its ok if your scared of the sun.

Kathy Duong

Like to join it ^^

kana812
deddyp wrote:

Is it many people on weekdays? How much for the ticket?

I usually go at around 1pm so there are not a lot of people that time, but It will be very crowded at weekend because it's a waterpark. The ticket is 40k or 45k, I dont remember exactly because I paid 550k/ 20 times.

kana812
colinoscapee wrote:

The bathrooms there are not clean and the pool is very dark due to having a roof over the top. But its ok if your scared of the sun.

Yah, The worst about that swimming pool is the bathrooms. But I think most of the bathrooms in public swimming pools are the same. The pool there is nice. If you go there around noon its not so dark.

kana812
Kathy Duong wrote:

Like to join it ^^

Do you go swimming often? Leave me a message if you want to go together:)

butlersrevenge

Are these swimming pools where people go to swim 'seriously' or just have fun? Thanks.

Guest2023

Both

kana812
butlersrevenge wrote:

Are these swimming pools where people go to swim 'seriously' or just have fun? Thanks.

They separate the lane for newbie and for people who want to swim seriously smile.png . Compare to other swimming pools that I went before. This one is pretty good

LastInTranslation
kana812 wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

Yah, The worst about that swimming pool is the bathrooms. But I think most of the bathrooms in public swimming pools are the same. The pool there is nice. If you go there around noon its not so dark.

Unless, because of the conditions of the bathroom, people just "go" in the pool...

Guest2023

Well after swimming in a chlorinated pool you should shower, but as you say, people just piss in the pool.

butlersrevenge

I'll definitely check it out!

Kathy Duong
kana812 wrote:
Kathy Duong wrote:

Like to join it ^^

Do you go swimming often? Leave me a message if you want to go
together:)

facebook.com/kathythao.duong?ref=tn_tnmn

My facebook here - contact me smile.png

CAOLANHCOL

Hồ bơi Đại Đồng
25A Nơ Trang Long, 7, Bình Thạnh

Swimming Pool very clean 2 metre  about 8 lanes
Very quiet
Less than 10 people there the only time i went 7/2/2014 8.45am
10,000 VND

Colin (Jesse) James from Port Lincoln South Áustralia

Cinqsens

Is it an indoor Swimming Pool?

dinh.nt2307

The manor two and new world hotel

shunta

I recommend here.
facebook.com/1960club

Cinqsens

Being in water drinking a Mojito listening to Cafe Del Saigon chillout music watching the city..
What else?

Articles to help you in your expat project in Ho Chi Minh City

All of Ho Chi Minh City's guide articles