Lateral Thinking!

Question:

Three switches outside a windowless room are connected to three light bulbs inside the room. How can you determine which switch is connected to which bulb if you are allowed to enter the room only once?

Turn on the first switch, leave it for a minute, and then turn it off again. Then turn on the second switch and enter the room. The first switch will be connected to the warm light bulb, the second switch will be connected to the light bulb that's lit, and the third switch will be connected to the cold light bulb.

brilliant...
either u r goodat googling
or you knew it before
or you are brilliant
take yr pick

try this one now

A man pushed his car. He stopped when he reached a hotel at which point he knew he was bankrupt. Why?

He was playing Monopoly lol

Hehe no googling here, nor brilliance. Just experience, I like riddles very much and I have come across a great deal.

How about you give it a shot and try this one:

A man was to be sentenced, and the judge told him, "You may make a statement. If it is true, I'll sentence you to four years in prison. If it is false, I'll sentence you to six years in prison." After the man made his statement, the judge decided to let him go free. What did the man say?

A man was locked in a sealed room--no windows, 12 inch thick concrete walls-- with only a mirror and a three-legged stool.  When his captors opened the door, the man was gone. How did he excape?

(this one is based on word play)

Scully,

I know that one.
he will say, "Your honor, you will give me six years"
If the judge decides to do that then the man is telling the truth and so he has to give him 4
If the judge does not then the man is lying and he has to give him 6
Hence the judge cannot give him either 6 or 4 years, so he sets him free which is the only remaining option left for him to do.
Superb thinking...... laterally of course, good one keep them coming let everyone have a bash

As for Allies "stuck in a sealed room" poser I am sure it must have something to do with a HOLE but i just cant figure it out yet. thiunking, thinking, thinking, you possibly screwed my Friday, puddytat...heh heh

A Palindrome Video Clip thats brilliant
A Brilliant 1 Minute 44 Second Video

A palindrome reads the same backwards as forward.
This video reads the exact opposite backwards as forward.

Not only does it read the opposite, the meaning is the exact opposite.

Read as well as listen…forward and backward.

This video was submitted in a contest by a 20-year old. 
The contest was titled "u @ 50"  by  AARP. It won second place.

When screened, all in the room was awe-struck and broke into spontaneous applause. 

It is so simple and yet so brilliant. 

Take 1 minute and 44 seconds of your life to watch it. 
It's worth every second.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42E2fAWM6rA