Menu
Expat.com

Activities

Last activity 16 June 2013 by stressedmom

stressedmom

I have a 1 year old and a 4 year old who are both girls and I would love to put them into "classes" or activities. Specifically dancing, gymnastics, or swimming. Are there any schools in Jeddah for these types activities or on any of the compounds? Thanks.

Taz_Y

Hello there,
I guess there are several type of activities for your needs.
Saudi airlines club located in king abdulaziz road
Alrwdah club located in almosaedia dist' (recommended)
also, there is a good one located in prince Sultan st'. I forgot the name tho but i'll provide it if need it smile.png

Good Luck smile.png

ahmadaq

Hey Streesedmom,

Have you make it to Jeddah? Did you listen to us and brought your kids stuffed toys with you or did you listen to the nonsense you have been told by your  moving company?

Any Ways, if you are here then grab the new Destination Jeddah Magazine -June issue (you can buy it for 10SR or get it for free from Coffee beans and tea leaves café or Diesel shops), they have a nice article about 100 things to do this summer in Jeddah with a list of 19 things for kids in page 44-45 (dancing, art ,drawing, baking)the article includes telephone numbers, addresses, age group..

Thumbs Up to Destination Jeddah top.png

ahmadaq

their link
issuu.com/djmagzine/docs/binder53

stressedmom

Ahmadaq - No we haven't made it yet. My husband's visa kept having delays & he just got there last week. Now he has to join the society of engineers & get his iquama before starting our visas.

We are doing half of your suggestions & half the movers. The very special items including some stuffed animals & dolls that can't be replaced are staying in the states. The most attached ones are going on the plane with us & those that if they are taken no huge deal are being shipped with our stuff.

Thanks for the notice on the Destination Jeddah magazine. I will make my husband pick one up. They are probably easy for him to find at his hotel.

ahmadaq

hey,

I will say that I will be very surprised if you manage to make it to Saudi this summer, am saying that because I know how long it can take to processing visas in Saudi ...keep your fingers crossed.

If you are planning to get your 4 years old girl into school for the coming school year, then am advising that your husband need to start contacting schools now since it could be already too late.

adnanharbii

yes there's alot of activites here .. you can check gold's gym "female section" tongue.png its located next to saudi german hospital

Jigsaw
stressedmom wrote:

I have a 1 year old and a 4 year old who are both girls and I would love to put them into "classes" or activities. Specifically dancing, gymnastics, or swimming. Are there any schools in Jeddah for these types activities or on any of the compounds? Thanks.

Hi there ,, where i live they offer all kinds of such interesting activities for kids ... am staying at the Arabian Homes Seirra compound ,, if you need any kind of help over there just give me a buzz .. keep well

stressedmom

Thanks all. Once I know exactly what compound we will be in I know that will help in my search. That should be decided by July.

Ahmadaq - we are hoping our visas will be done end of July early Aug. I have looked into schools, but I am looking to have one somewhat nearby our compound. Also most require an interview of the child so that has to wait till we get there. I am going to get applications in once I know for sure where we will be.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Jeddah

• Accommodation in Jeddah
    Accommodation in Jeddah

Jeddah is often dubbed the 'New York' of Saudi Arabia. It is heavily populated, hosting the most diverse ...

• Working in Jeddah
    Working in Jeddah

Jeddah is the most diverse city in Saudi Arabia. It is home to 3,75 million people and to the largest ...

• Everything you need to know as an expat woman in Saudi Arabia
    Everything you need to know as an expat woman in Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia can be a challenging destination for women. As a strict Islamic country, Saudi Arabia imposes a lot ...

• Driving in Saudi Arabia
    Driving in Saudi Arabia

Driving in Saudi Arabia is the easiest and most convenient way to get around. That being said, expats in Saudi ...

• Getting married in Saudi Arabia
    Getting married in Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia is a country that holds marriage and family as one of its core values. It is a privilege to get ...

• Accommodation in Dammam
    Accommodation in Dammam

Dammam is the capital city of the Eastern Province, which is made up of smaller cities that, together, form the ...

• Accommodation in Yanbu
    Accommodation in Yanbu

Overlooking the Red Sea, Yanbu is deemed to be Saudi Arabia's second industrial city after Jubail, which is ...

• Accommodation in Khobar
    Accommodation in Khobar

Khobar is the metropolitan city of the Eastern Province. It is widely recognized as the happy medium between ...

All of Jeddah's guide articles