Menu
Expat.com

Anyone fancy a drink/meeting up?

Last activity 08 August 2013 by OzOzOz

AlexSarah

Hey,

Actually going crazy staying inside and my PC has just crashed and lost loads of uni work so I need to escape.

Anyone fancy going for a drink/food/explore round the city?

I'm currently bike-less but I get taxi/bring my helmet if you wanna drive smile.png

(Should probably say I'm an English girl, 21 and my Vietnamese is pretty bad..)

NTBB

Hey AlexSarah,

Ok, i'll sacrifice myself but it's going to take 2 weeks i'll be flying to HCMC by then. Let me know if you're still going crazy staying inside and fancy for a drink or a tour around the city!

Cheers!

AlexSarah

Haha, I'll still be here and my laptop will still be a rubbish, so give me a bell when you're back tongue.png

Hien Mai

Hi!I am very nice to know you!Can you give me your phone number.I will call you and make appointment with you.Make sure you will happy after you meet me

nguyennhungcetac

Where are you now Sara?

AlexSarah

My name's Alex, Sarah is a middle name.

I'm at home on CMT in D3 but I have to tutor today, sorry.

Coachsudesh

Could be available to hook up for a drink, if possible. Make new friends. Thx

jiwgo

Yeah, we should meet up !

jameskeep

Hi Sarah. Are you teaching here?
James

AlexSarah

Hi, my name is actually Alex.. but never mind smile.png

I tutor privately and have a few students, but my main job is as an Au pair and dog trainer.
Do you teach/are you wanting to?

jameskeep

Sorry Alex,

No I am a pilot. I am a absolute dog lover though.

James

dzeigh

Alex the dog whisperer..big_smile.png

AlexSarah

Haha, I am indeed! Having an issues teaching a puppy to swim currently, bit of a strange one sad.png

Sophia Huynh

Hey Alex,

Catch up and a few drinks sounds good to me. Give me a shout if you are out.

Sophia

Citsym

Would love to meet people and talk...and have a few beers.
Does anyone want to set up a day and time?

dzeigh

Oh really? I thought that was their nature even it was pup.. Goodluck Alex Milan, hehe

AlexSarah

Well Bootleg bar has an all you can drink for 200k offer on tonight, it's Ladies night at Lush too. Then on Friday I'll be at Banter Bar before heading to Godmother for a night of D&B. Saturday is a house warming, I would invite you all but it's too small! Options are endless.

versan

Hi Alex...

Probably back in HCM in a month. Interested in teaching too. Hope you can give me some insights and tips when I get back.

Cheers!

MarkinNam

hey sophia, be there in september 23 on try to catch you then mark

Stylostar

Just for a friendly chat and maybe a Vietnamese lesson, Mark?

OzOzOz
AlexSarah wrote:

Haha, I am indeed! Having an issues teaching a puppy to swim currently, bit of a strange one sad.png

I thought dogs know how to swim instinctively?

Also, bit off topic here but what's the going rate for english tutoring in HCMC or vietnam in general? Sounds like it can be fun. If it is, I may join the fray! big_smile.png

MarkinNam

a chat and drink sound good, han gup lai

AlexSarah
OzOzOz wrote:
AlexSarah wrote:

Also, bit off topic here but what's the going rate for english tutoring in HCMC or vietnam in general? Sounds like it can be fun. If it is, I may join the fray! big_smile.png

This one is petrified on water, he's a rescue dog so might have had a bad experience. Apparently they sometimes drown (or at least try to drown) the runt of the litter so I think he was an unsuccessful attempt.

Tutoring is anything from $10-$30USD per hour, depending on how many people are in the group, experience etc

OzOzOz
AlexSarah wrote:
OzOzOz wrote:
AlexSarah wrote:

This one is petrified on water, he's a rescue dog so might have had a bad experience. Apparently they sometimes drown (or at least try to drown) the runt of the litter so I think he was an unsuccessful attempt.

Tutoring is anything from $10-$30USD per hour, depending on how many people are in the group, experience etc

They use pups as a rescue dog? Pretty nasty trying to drown any animal of purpose. I'm sure the pup would express its gratitude for you helping if it could. big_smile.png

Hmm... I imagine it wouldn't be easy finding 20-30 hours tutoring work a week?

AlexSarah
OzOzOz wrote:

You'd struggle just because of the logistics, most people would want it to be in the evenings after work or at the weekend. Works quite doing PT teaching work in the mornings, then tutoring in the evenings for extra cash..

OzOzOz
AlexSarah wrote:
OzOzOz wrote:

You'd struggle just because of the logistics, most people would want it to be in the evenings after work or at the weekend. Works quite doing PT teaching work in the mornings, then tutoring in the evenings for extra cash..

That made sense though work hour would be a little more restrictive than I had imagined. Probably won't work for me. Still sounds like alot of fun! Guessing you're enjoying it alot?

Articles to help you in your expat project in Vietnam

• Dating In Vietnam
    Dating In Vietnam

If you're considering moving to Hanoi, or Ho Chi Minh City, the dating scene may be of interest to you. ...

• Making phone calls in Vietnam
    Making phone calls in Vietnam

The telecommunications sector in Vietnam has flourished throughout the past two decades. Like many foreigners, ...

• Moving to Vietnam with your pet
    Moving to Vietnam with your pet

If you are planning to move to Vietnam with a pet, there are a number of formalities that have to be completed ...

• Getting married in Vietnam
    Getting married in Vietnam

Have you met that perfect someone who you want to spend the rest of your life with? Luckily, getting married in ...

• Driving in Vietnam
    Driving in Vietnam

Vietnam is known for four categories of lush and diverse landscapes, and one of the easiest ways to see firsthand ...

• The most popular neighbourhoods in Hanoi
    The most popular neighbourhoods in Hanoi

Formerly known as Thang Long, Vietnam's present capital city was renamed Hanoi in 1831. This enchanting, ...

• Sports activities in Hanoi
    Sports activities in Hanoi

We know there's a lot of attention on the drinking culture in Hanoi, but what about the options for a healthy ...

• Internet in Vietnam
    Internet in Vietnam

Vietnam is currently ranked 39th internationally for internet connection and has an average download speed of ...

All of Vietnam's guide articles