Menu
Expat.com

Let's hang :))

Last activity 03 January 2014 by ga07

Kerbear

Hi there!!!
I'm Kerry. Made in China, live in the states smile.png Speak Chinese and English.
my summer intern has turned into a real one, which means I'm gonna stay in beijing for three more months. I would like to make some friends here, to hang out, travel to other cities just do something fun on weekends. and..any Americans here to go to sport bars occasionally??

Please hit me up! I'm easy going big_smile.png

Kerry

han.zhang

I'm more than happy to hang out!

give me a shout!

Manlin

Welcome to Expat.com and welcome to Beijing.

We are a friendly group of people so do keep posting.

What sort of things do you enjoy doing?

Kerbear

Hey!! Thanks! Han and I met up a couple of days ago lol it was quite nice!
We are looking for more new people to go out on weekends, like dining out, grabbing drinks or whatever is fun! smile.png

Kerry

mikoletz

hi kerry. I will be more than happy to join. I will be out of china for a week and will be back in in 2 weeks. PM me up with you number so I can contact you.. smile.png

chiheunglau

Hello Kerry, hello guys,

may I ask you if you live in Chaoyang? I'm just wondering, since I'm seeking for some friends in the Shaoyaoju metro station area.

Buona serata!

Kerbear

Hi!

Where I live is nearby xitucheng station on Zhichun Road. But I have no sense of direction here lol
I'm out in Shanghai for a business trip and I will be back two weeks later.
How's everything going so far?

Kerry

Kerbear

Hi!

There is no rush. Let's keep in touch. I will PM my number to you soon!
Actually I might stay here three more months to finish my intern if everything works out well.
Hope your having a good trip!

Kerry

chiheunglau

Well, Shaoyaoju it's on the same metro line of Xitucheng, number 10...20-25 min far away, let me know when you come back here!

Kerbear wrote:

Hi!

Where I live is nearby xitucheng station on Zhichun Road. But I have no sense of direction here lol
I'm out in Shanghai for a business trip and I will be back two weeks later.
How's everything going so far?

Kerry

mikoletz

i am back in beijing. lets hang out next weekend.. smile.png

btw im near xitucheng. i live in zhichunli. we can prolly go to wudaokou.. 😁😁

ninjaturtle

hi Kerry, am hal, chinese new zealander living in beijing.

am reasonably new here too, keen to catch up,

hit me up wechat: clubsub1125 thanks Hal

Kerbear

Hey ya'll!

The Chinese valentine's coming up. Single people! Lets go out for a nice dinner smile.png

Manlin

Or if your prefer this Tuesday (13 August aka 7.7 aka Chinese Valentines Day) our get together combines live-music, the Hilton Wangfujing's swimming pool and us.

Love your job?

Love and your job?

A very special event ....

chiheunglau

@Manlin, can we get more info about this event?

Manlin

August 13: HR by the POOL

13 August is Chinese Valentines Day, so it deserves a very special event! Instead of our regular HR meets Applicants event at Flames, were moving a few floors up to the Hilton Wangfujings swimming pool area, where you can network and relax after a hard days work.

There will be music too! In Side Out (秀外慧中) fuses American country and Chinese folk music, joining the cross-cultural talents of American country music singer Mark Levine (western guitar) and Chinese folk musician Fu Han (er-hu). The result is a perfect union of soothing western-style guitar balladeering with the poetic naturalness of Chinese minority folk traditions.

Having a love affair with your current job? Come celebrate it! Not too happy about it? Come and meet recruiters so they can help you find a better one. Either way, have a drink and meet friendly people, and swim in the pool if you want.

This event is perfect for recruiting agencies looking for staff or for potential clients; for companies looking for employees; for applicants looking for jobs; and for anyone who wants to have a good time by the pool!

Time: 13 August 7:30pm

Venue: 6th floor, Hilton Wangfujing, 8 Wangfujing East Street, Dongcheng, Beijing 100006  北京王府井希尔顿酒店6层  北京东城区王府井东街8号

Nearest Subway: Wangfujing (Line 1) Exit A

Entrance fee includes:

Entrance to the swimming pool area
A Complimentary drink
Happy hour
Snacks 
Participation in a lucky draw with great prizes

Cost 100RMB with RSVP to 13911098002 or 150RMB without.

pcantonio

Hey Kerry!

Just moved to Beijing and came across your post.  I'm from the States as well and I'm definitely looking to meet people here in Beijing.  With the NFL season around the corner (as well as college football) I'd definitely be down to check out various sports bars in Beijing.  Hit me up!

Peace,

Anton

Kerbear

Happy New Year everyone!
Just wanna thank this place. I met my first friend in Beijing who is my very good friend, my partner in crime. Life becomes so easy when you have friends around. I fell in love with Beijing because the awesome people I have met! Don't afraid where new life new place is gonna take you to! Love is everywhere!
Xoxo
Happy new year!!!

Kerry

Manlin

Happy New Year Kerry

Akhyadi

Hi everyone.. I am yadi, I come from Indonesia. does somebody have some information to get a job in china or in beijing? I really need it. whatever the job over there. I am ready to do as long as it is well and legal.. anybody help me? I graduated from public university in indonesia majoring public administration and I want to work abroad.please contact me if you have many information about job vacancy there,, to Mr. Manlin, do you have any information for me and do you have some advice for me? thank you sir...

Manlin

If you want a job that pays well then find it outside of China.

If they want you and you are not in China they will give you a nice Expat package.

If they want you and you are in China they will give you a local hire package.

ga07

hi there ,how is beijing treating you ?

Articles to help you in your expat project in Beijing

• Accommodation in Beijing
    Accommodation in Beijing

If you are moving to Beijing, one of the first to-dos on your list will be finding a place to live. China's ...

• Finding work in Beijing
    Finding work in Beijing

Beijing is the capital of China, and as the country's major city, it offers a wide range of opportunities for ...

• Study in Beijing
    Study in Beijing

China's capital is not only the second largest city in the country (after Shanghai) but also a leading hub in ...

• The importance of English language in China.
    The importance of English language in China.

Languages are a fascinating subject, particularly when it concerns the amount of speakers. Currently, the English ...

• Must-see places in Beijing
    Must-see places in Beijing

So, now if you’re visiting in one of the national holidays (like I visited during the Tomb Sweeping Days), ...

• Accommodation in Dalian
    Accommodation in Dalian

Dalian is the biggest city in Liaoning province. The city is home to over six million people, many of which are ...

• Accommodation in Chongqing
    Accommodation in Chongqing

Chongqing is an important city in southwest China. It is home to over 30 million people and is considered to be ...

All of Beijing's guide articles