Menu
Expat.com

Car Snatching

Last activity 05 August 2013 by sh3hryar

sh3hryar

Hey all

I came across something disturbing today..

I hear there has been car snatching incidents in Riyadh lately.
I got to know about 2 Honda Accords & a Toyota Camry being snatched around Al-Malaz area.

Also there was report of wheels of the car being taken away.

Does anyone know anything about such incidents?

Thanks.

TheLegendLeads

Every few months, some small groups of boys get organized and you hear such incidents. Cops finally get active and catch the culprits. It's necessary to take all precautionary measures all the time.

We talked about it a few times, e.g., here:  https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 31#1193025

sh3hryar
TheLegendLeads wrote:

Every few months, some small groups of boys get organized and you hear such incidents. Cops finally get active and catch the culprits. It's necessary to take all precautionary measures all the time.

We talked about it a few times, e.g., here:  https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 31#1193025

I see.

aliweb

Yup they also steal parked cars at night, take them for a ride, do drifting and when they have squeezed every drop of life from a car, they leave it somewhere and then look for another one.
This is a common scene in Riyadh.

Alliecat

There have been discussions on this forum as to which car should be purchased that is NOT attractive to these thieves lol.png 

As I recall, TLL is something of an expert wink.png

aliweb

TLL himself was head of the car thief organization but later he repented (read, had difference with members on money) and now he is exposing them.

Alliecat
aliweb wrote:

TLL himself was head of the car thief organization but later he repented (read, had difference with members on money) and now he is exposing them.

emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

TheLegendLeads

Yeah, I had to contemplate once my disciples betrayed and left for Qatar. I was counting on YOU @aliweb! lol.png

vkrmbhtngr

By the way, without casting any aspersions or doubting integrity or suspecting antecedents of our friends here, can somebody please list out vulnerable models, so one could decide which "safe" wheels to buy and still find them in the parking lot after a nap.

Alliecat
vkrmbhtngr wrote:

By the way, without casting any aspersions or doubting integrity or suspecting antecedents of our friends here, can somebody please list out vulnerable models, so one could decide which "safe" wheels to buy and still find them in the parking lot after a nap.

This information is in the thread TLL gave earlier:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 31#1193025

My personal opinion is you'd be quite safe with a Yugo big_smile.png

aliweb

anger-management-o.gif

vkrmbhtngr
Alliecat wrote:
vkrmbhtngr wrote:

This information is in the thread TLL gave earlier:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 31#1193025

My personal opinion is you'd be quite safe with a Yugo big_smile.png

Thanks a ton, Allie, but i wonder whether they still make those outlandish creatures.

Popolocroix
sh3hryar wrote:

Hey all
I got to know about 2 Honda Accords & a Toyota Camry being snatched around Al-Malaz area.
Thanks.

Better be careful during the EID Holidays!!! last year, a neighbor left his car parked infront of the Apartment parking,  went for eid had all of his 4 tires from his New Honda Accord stolen.
Also, pick up trucks' spare tires are just one of the usual target.

Alliecat

I've also heard of house break-in's during EID, when the thieves know people are on holiday.  So please, everybody, exercise caution.

TheLegendLeads
Alliecat wrote:

I've also heard of house break-in's during EID, when the thieves know people are on holiday.  So please, everybody, exercise caution.

That's a VERY important point.

sh3hryar
Popolocroix wrote:
sh3hryar wrote:

Hey all
Thanks.

Better be careful during the EID Holidays!!! last year, a neighbor left his car parked infront of the Apartment parking,  went for eid had all of his 4 tires from his New Honda Accord stolen.
Also, pick up trucks' spare tires are just one of the usual target.

Thanks.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles